This Forum

Tmpr111

Yep, I want a new Gheenoe for a few different reasons. Being from N. FL and growing up using one, I miss the old one.

I just saw where ole mtr3333 and gsp754 got whacked on here. That makes a few this past year. Yikes.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Yep, I want a new Gheenoe for a few different reasons. Being from N. FL and growing up using one, I miss the old one.

I just saw where ole mtr3333 and gsp754 got whacked on here. That makes a few this past year. Yikes.

I'm friends with 33 on facebook and he's still wackin them..........I grew up in south Ga. and it seems like the gheenoe is the ultimate fishing boat for the coastal plains creeks and rivers,I loved fishing out of them but since I moved to middle Ga chasing shoal bass the creeks and rivers have so many rocks I could never fish out of a fiberglass boat.I do hold fond memories of floatin down a south Ga. river catching red breast out of that old ghenooe my buddy owned,he had a old station wagon that we would slide that gheenooe in the back of and take off

StriperrHunterr

Most topics have been covered. There should a seperate section for people to advertise their business.

I never understood why people had problems with guides posting reports and calling them advertising. Their tone didn't differ that much from my Grand Summer thread and I dare say that no one thinks that I'm advertising. Granted, I'm not a guide and I think that's self-evident, but trip reports from them helped us guys who only got a couple trips a month keep up with tactics and techniques.

Tmpr111

I grew up in south Ga. and it seems like the gheenoe is the ultimate fishing boat for the coastal plains creeks and rivers,I loved fishing out of them but since I moved to middle Ga chasing shoal bass the creeks and rivers have so many rocks I could never fish out of a fiberglass boat.I do hold fond memories of floatin down a south Ga. river catching red breast out of that old ghenooe my buddy owned,he had a old station wagon that we would slide that gheenooe in the back of and take off

Yep, loaded many redbellies and stumpknockers pitching crickets and a popping bug from ours. They're great for gigging too as they're sturdy. I wouldn't dare take one on the hooch or anything close to that, it'd mainly be for the electric only places around. The next one will be a project to customize it, so that's the wait. The standard hulls these days are extremely affordable!

brunofishing

The old days of a mix of nonsense and serious threads were fun. I remember some threads having over a hundred people in them. Shoal bass, judge, riprap bass07, mtr333, fishlipps etc laughing and acting a fool. Some took it to serious and wAnted them to leave, they did and this is exactly what you ask for, a boring forum.
God forbid someone point out that 4 lber is not 13::ke:

I agree.....

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
I believe two things: first of all, most guys on the forum feel like they don't have anything to post about that hasn't been spoken of already, or anything of substance to post at the moment anyway. Most readers, "guests" and members alike only check in to see what everyone else is doing, what the fishing has been like for others, and so on. Second, things have just been slow. I think activity peaks in the spring, and in the fall. There was much more activity when there were spawning fish all spring. Guys were catching largemouth bass, crappies bedding bluegills, carp, the stripers were running and everything else. It's just been a grind lately where either you catch something to talk about, or you don't.

riprap

I believe two things: first of all, most guys on the forum feel like they don't have anything to post about that hasn't been spoken of already, or anything of substance to post at the moment anyway. Most readers, "guests" and members alike only check in to see what everyone else is doing, what the fishing has been like for others, and so on. Second, things have just been slow. I think activity peaks in the spring, and in the fall. There was much more activity when there were spawning fish all spring. Guys were catching largemouth bass, crappies bedding bluegills, carp, the stripers were running and everything else. It's just been a grind lately where either you catch something to talk about, or you don't.

This and I don't think others fish as much as they use to. A lot of guys that go regularly fish tournaments and they aren't going to give a report. Anybody catching a nice fish out of a pond will get accused of cheating. A largemouth will get called a spot.

The guides posts never bothered me. If you don't like them don't look at em, but then there are others that come on pushing lures and electronics. That's all fine too, they do offer up into on how to use them, but then it leads to arguments on who's is better.

Bugpac

I think a lot has to do with mobility as well, I know taptalk dont want to be introduced because revenue is lost from the google ads, But revenue is also lost when people don't come. If someone would research it a bit, Taptalk is a very simple plugin, has zero to do with the current server, and can now display google ads for revenue.
Just My Opinion...

Tarpfisher

I also think it has been to heavily moderated... The cutting up is part of the Internet game to a certain point. I spend most of my days over at bass boat central where just about anything goes.

I really like this place... As it was one of the first forums I ever found. It would be awesome to see it again like it was several years ago.

Cletus T.

Hey There

I know I’ve probably said this in the past but my fishing goes way down from Late July until Late Oct. / early Nov due to one reason……..I coach youth football and it consumes me during this time of year. Ole Hunter Jack is an 8th grader now so this will be my last year getting to help coach with his teams so I’m going to be sure to enjoy this last ride…….after this season is over he’ll be playing High School Football next year………..where did the time go?????
Here’s a current picture of football coach & player!!!!

Tight lines everybody!!!

Attachments

• HJ 8th Grade football.jpg
    HJ 8th Grade football.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 616

Etoncathunter

I never understood why people had problems with guides posting reports and calling them advertising. Their tone didn't differ that much from my Grand Summer thread and I dare say that no one thinks that I'm advertising. Granted, I'm not a guide and I think that's self-evident, but trip reports from them helped us guys who only got a couple trips a month keep up with tactics and techniques.

I think this is spot on about the guides. Yeah their reports may have been partially as a form of advertising, but they were also informative and helpful as well. I know the 4 main ones that covered my little corner of the state up here were always helpful and willing to offer free advice and steer me in the right directions. I was always respectful and clear I wasn't looking to get any "secrets" or "honey holes", and they were more than ready to give help. I traded literally hundreds of Pm's discussing everything from gathering bait, to drop shoting, to pulling rigs. They were just good people. Heck one even helped me outfit my old boat, no question or payment asked. I miss the posts and discussions with them. I know my self I haven't been as active the last year or so as I was just because I haven't been able to do as much as I used to. Between work, family, sports/scouts, and boat problems I can't remember the last time I got to hit the water.

StriperrHunterr

I think this is spot on about the guides. Yeah their reports may have been partially as a form of advertising, but they were also informative and helpful as well. I know the 4 main ones that covered my little corner of the state up here were always helpful and willing to offer free advice and steer me in the right directions. I was always respectful and clear I wasn't looking to get any "secrets" or "honey holes", and they were more than ready to give help. I traded literally hundreds of Pm's discussing everything from gathering bait, to drop shoting, to pulling rigs. They were just good people. Heck one even helped me outfit my old boat, no question or payment asked. I miss the posts and discussions with them. I know my self I haven't been as active the last year or so as I was just because I haven't been able to do as much as I used to. Between work, family, sports/scouts, and boat problems I can't remember the last time I got to hit the water.

Well, clearly something has to be done about the time on the water. If you find yourself with time, outside of all those activities, shoot me a message. I don't know how long the commute would be to get to Lanier, but we'll try to put something together until your ride gets sorted out.

Etoncathunter

Well, clearly something has to be done about the time on the water. If you find yourself with time, outside of all those activities, shoot me a message. I don't know how long the commute would be to get to Lanier, but we'll try to put something together until your ride gets sorted out.

You've read my mind. When you first made your post about your 1grand striper quest I pondered and pondered on getting in touch with ya, but sadly I think it is just to far of a trek to make it practical. I am still keeping an eye on your thread though.

StriperrHunterr

You've read my mind. When you first made your post about your 1grand striper quest I pondered and pondered on getting in touch with ya, but sadly I think it is just to far of a trek to make it practical. I am still keeping an eye on your thread though.

Thanks. That would be a haul, but as the weather starts cooling I'll be out more and more on the weekends.

Lanier Jim

I'll be sure to post my fishing report next time I go- just to keep you enticed. I scroll this forum daily for interesting fishing conversations and truly appreciate posts from Lanier Jim and Jim Farmer.

Thanks CatchinBees...I appreciate the kind words. I try to say it like it is...If they're on fire - they're on fire...if it's a grind, it's a grind.

I am digging the cooler mornings. I haven't had time lately - went to Baton Rouge to help my mother in law....lost everything in the flood. Should be wide open again soon. LJ

Papa Bear

Have not been on forum a lot this summer due to work. Have had a extremely busy year at work, but always count on great humor and post from several guys. Lanier Jim always has great post. Great fisherman and cool dude!

KLBTJTALLY1

Unfortunately many of the guides had to stop posting due to the amount of people that would see them catching fish and then come out the following day(s) and crowd around them. Same goes for many of the regular guys on here. Basically a lack of respect. The internet has changed information sharing for better or worse. For every 1 person posting, there are probably 25 "guests" reading these threads and using the information to their advantage.

Second, I know personally, the weather (heat, thunderstorms) have really curbed my fishing the last month. Where I was fishing 3-4 times a week, now I am fishing maybe once or twice a week, if that. Also, the heat has really warmed the water and I know the stripers I catch are most likely going to die upon being caught and I would rather not risk that right now.

As far as trolling and banter. I personally think folks need to grow a thicker skin. We have heavily moderated and gotten blow back and have eased off and guess what...more complaining. We can't babysit around the clock. If you see something that you don't like then look around it.

Lastly, I think apathy plays a part as well. This board has been around a while and many folks don't respond to general topics that may have been covered multiple times in the past. I encourage folks to use the "Search" feature. A few keywords will unlock more threads than you can read in a day and contain valuable information.

Very well said. Sometimes it's like a liberal party at a wine bar in here and everyone's offended all the time. Can't say anything without someone being offended. Heads up it's the hormones their putting in your chicken... :fine:

Not much to say about this except that a little patience goes a long way. :cheers:

nrh0011

Lots of good posts in this thread. This forum can be such a valuable tool to folks like myself just trying to catch em when it's truly a grind. I fish primarily west point lake, and the hooch below WP dam. Between work, school, and keeping up with chores at home I don't get out much. If I catch em I try to post but if I don't well then I don't. Thanks for all the tips and advice, some of us really appreciate it. I've really hit the hooch hard lately and having a blast doing it in my jon boat.

Sincerely,
One of those guys reading but not posting very much.