When will the bite get better ?

Tmpr111

A couple of things to consider.Try downsizing your bait,I fished a creek from 1 till 7 this afternoon and killed them on a texas rigged zoom 4 in. junebug lizard and a 412 BaitCo 4.5 in. junebug stick bait. the 4 inch lizard pretty much matches the average size crawfish in this particular creek,I fished this combination on the paddle,drag and pull up the creek.The other thing to consider is adding a scent to your bait,I use the chartreuse garlic spike-it.On the way back down the creek I rigged up a 6 in. black zoom trickworm and fished it weightless.........One thing about the creek is the water temperature is no where near as warm as a lake or pond will be,the shade,moving water and springs that feed into the creek helps keep the water temps down,the bass were very aggressive today,I didn't catch any monsters today but I probably caught around 25 shoal bass and largemouth,any deeper water held fish and by deeper I mean anywhere between a couple feet to five foot.

Hard to beat the 4" mini-lizard in that setting. I actually just started using the Zoom Z-Craw Jr a lot on the river. It fishes small and it's extremely durable. My favorite part is if rigged right, it won't twist the line! They make a perfect swim-jig trailer too.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Thanks Tmpr,I'll have to give the Z-Craw Jr. a try.I went through 2 packs of lizards and a half pack of trick worms yesterday

Tmpr111

Tmpr how do you rig them?

I Texas-rig the Jr's with an 1/8oz weight on a 2/0 Lazer Trokar Big Nasty Offset Worm Hook. These hooks are awesome, but hard to get out when you catch one. But you don't lose em.

I use a 1/4 oz weight and a 3/0 or 4/0 version of the same hook on the regular size Z Craws. I use an even bigger weight if I'm in and around lots of grass.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 225

Tmpr111

I'm sure other hooks will work too, but I like the straighter style hooks - I also can switch to a lizard or a worm with these hooks.