Noah's flood

gordon 2

Who is Augustine...who is Paul...or Apollos? Except for the seeing of a thing to the measure in which one is able to see, and the measure in which this has been entrusted, imbued, received...of them.

So bros? What is truth? Of what did the living God inform them? What was formed in them?

Blind He informed them they were. Seeing He informed them to look.

So what I get from you is that the manner of their seeing is just as important as what was seen?

That manner was informed from a profound faith? Maybe?

Israel

BANNED
So bros? What is truth? Of what did the living God inform them? What was formed in them?

Blind He informed them they were. Seeing He informed them to look.

So what I get from you is that the manner of their seeing is just as important as what was seen?

That manner was informed from a profound faith? Maybe?

Remember those leading you, who spoke the word of God to you, of whom, considering the outcome of their way of life, you are to imitate the faith.

gordon 2

Remember those leading you, who spoke the word of God to you, of whom, considering the outcome of their way of life, you are to imitate the faith.

Hebrews 13:7 ah yes. Remember those people and their lives. Scripture is very helpful in this case to us remembering them. :) Thanks.

I think that in the remembering sometimes we leave out one of Paul's arms for example or add a third one. So Paul is a one armed man for some and has three arms for others--even if both camps shore up on scripture...?

What would account for this? When is remembering just? That is, just in that we remember someone as they and their lives were? What would provide that we do this with some justice? Even the black and white marks of scripture fail us? Or it is something else perhaps? What, in what way, who gives us truth?

To remember those people and their lives....? I can name my biological fathers on my father's side to nine generations back and have a good appreciation on their lives I like to think. I wonder today if the last one I recall could remember nine generations back? And so on. I have to wonder if Paul accounts for someone's father in my family? A down to earth yet to heaven spiritual father of course, a man not unlike my brothers today who's children will witness Paul and his Lord in their children's days to come?

Faith? When is one's faith a candle's flicker and when is it a light to trust, even in Christ? Are there essential relationships between the faithful and the Holy Spirit ( between the individual and God) and again between scripture and church, between the served and the servants?

I had faith in Jonah and his God long before I knew that the Cross was a better testament in faith. Everlasting life? would account one greater witness? Everlasting life would account for a greater faith than that professed by a prophet's warnings? Everlasting life within the pilgrim for the loving gift of the cross? And maybe that is the life to see, to know to cleave to in, "their way of life" in Paul which accounts for the truth: everlasting life due to being near to the cross?

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Perhaps things are revealed differently according to the knowledge of the time period. Thus there was a time the earth was flat and people had matters of the heart. That was the truth then.

God never changes but his revealing could. Would it be terribly wrong if we could explain scientifically what a rainbow is? It's purpose from God remains the same. So with the flood. It's purpose of a shadow of the Ark remains the same.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Manna from Heaven? If we explained it as lichen or honeydew, wouldn't it still have been provided by God?

"In the summer of 1864, tens of thousands of Union POWs were dying of thirst at the military prison in Andersonville, Georgia. Suddenly, a spring erupted from the ground within the stockade. The POWs credited its appearance to divine intervention, and "Providence Spring" became part of the established lore of the Civil War."

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/28460

Even water from the ground as in this spring or floodwaters from God can be explained as H2O. God's water is H2O and possibly his manna was some type of carb or protein.

Artfuldodger

A future revealing;

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

What we will be has not yet been made known.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
A future revealing;

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

What we will be has not yet been made known.

::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke: 70AD