Terminator 3 muzzle brake?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Anyone using one? I have a Rem. 7 mm magnum and was thinking of putting a brake on it. The T3 has good reviews, but I've never had a brake installed. So, any advice?

SwampMoss

I had a brake put on a gun and sold it after I shot it without hearing protection during deer season. The noise from the shot hurts. I personally will not buy a gun with a brake. It did help with recoil and was great for target shooting. I can't remember who made It but it was not a T3.

jmoser

Wear a shoulder pad at the range for 20+ rd grouping sessions and forget the brake for field use.
Nobody feels the recoil from one shot while hunting.

transfixer

There are a few linear brakes out that do help with recoil but yet direct most of the blast toward the front, the most effective ones do direct it out the sides, and are extremely loud. I can tell you from looking at the way the terminator 3 is made, it will be extremely LOUD ! no doubt it will reduce recoil quite a bit by the way its designed, but your ears and anyone around you when you pull the trigger will suffer ,,,, I you want a brake without all the excessive noise, look at some of the linear ones.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I was thinking it might be to loud as well, thanks for the advice.