What hunt doesn't interest you at all?

turkeykirk

Not exactly hunting but would love to run a trap line with sled dogs in the Winter in Alaska just for the experience.

seeker

Chasing a cougar with a pack of dogs and shooting it out of a tree.

Oldstick

Are you kidding? A dead 'squatch = set for life. You'd make millions off that. :yeah:

But how would someone determine a 100% positive ID on the target before shooting??

ryanh487

But how would someone determine a 100% positive ID on the target before shooting??

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Go stompin around the woods in a squatch suit in deer season, and you better have some level IV plate over your vitals.

FOLES55

I don't like hunting for Matching Sock's when it 5:00am when I'm trying to go hunting for something with fur or feathers.

Seriously though I would never turn down a hunt if I can help it, but their some things I just don't care to pursue by myself. Africa would be nice, but the locals and government have to resolve their own troubles and stop relying on foreigner funding to give them support. The locals can hunt for free...

$20k for a 10-day hunt after flight, tags, lodging and taxidermy bills with an added room to your house for displaying your game and then you leave the meat behind.

No thanks, unless I have a sponsor.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like hunting for Matching Sock's when it 5:00am when I'm trying to go hunting for something with fur or feathers.

Seriously though I would never turn down a hunt if I can help it, but their some things I just don't care to pursue by myself. Africa would be nice, but the locals and government have to resolve their own troubles and stop relying on foreigner funding to give them support. The locals can hunt for free...

$20k for a 10-day hunt after flight, tags, lodging and taxidermy bills with an added room to your house for displaying your game and then you leave the meat behind.

No thanks, unless I have a sponsor.

Actually, most of the locals aren't allowed to hunt.....

And I wouldn't care anything about bringing back "trophies." Maybe some horns or hides to make stuff out of. But the experience would sure be something.

jigman29

No interest in Africa. And for some reason I have never wanted to hunt a sender in texas. Give me a Midwest hunt in the woods all day but nothing about texas excites me one bit.

ripplerider

I'm the same way I havent lost anything in Texas. I've known too many people who went there just to say they were hunters. I'd like to hunt Africa but I wouldnt care anything about killing a lion or an elephant though I'd love to see one. Cape buffalo for sure. Leopard would be cool but I think theyre mostly hunted over bait. I really dont care much for hunting hogs here but I do sometimes just cause they need killing!

pacecars

They all interest me. I would not want to hunt a so called "canned Lion" but understand why they are done. I would love to hunt wild Elephant and Lions but unless I win the lottery it probably aint happening. I will not put down any hunt that is legal even if my ethics would prohibit me from doing it.

Last edited:

HunterJoe24

Baiting bears, I'm against baiting period. It's not hunting at all. All your doing is watching a barrel full of donuts. Hunting is using your skills against the animal's survival instincts/skills, and baiting is none of that. I wish they would ban baiting for good, enough of this North v South question. Baiting is not "hunting" at all.

pacecars

But isn't hunting over a food plot or even a food source the same as baiting? Using any kind of attractant sent could be considered baiting also. 'Tis a slippery slope when we want to ban methodsof hunting we don't agree with

HunterJoe24

But isn't hunting over a food plot or even a food source the same as baiting? Using any kind of attractant sent could be considered baiting also. 'Tis a slippery slope when we want to ban methodsof hunting we don't agree with

I never said ban it, I just don't agree with it. You can hunt however you want:deadhorse::deadhorse:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It just so happens I caught a fish bare hook. It was a shiny gold hook.