gator hunt e-mails here we go again!

REDNECK1

I received a call from a hunter that received a second e-mail saying that he was not drawn after being notified last week he drew a tag. This happened a couple of years ago also. It is bad enough the state doesn't give a little more time for hunters to prepare for hunts that have been 3 or 4 years to materialize. Now I hope this is just a one person goof but to make sure double check your e-mails and make sure you purchase the alligator permit online. He purchased his permit Thursday so hopefully this is just a computer error. DNR you have had 13yrs to get this stuff functioning properly so ask for a refund from the out of state company you have contracted this out to.

groundhawg

Guess they could have computer problems as well as anybody but it sure seems that the DNR quota system messes up more than others. Also why is always the drawing for alligator hunting? What I really agree with RN1 on is that the drawing is to close to the hunts! The drawing should be much early before the hunt. Most of the zones require 3 or more points/years to be drawn. Then in less than a month you have to arrange everything in order to go.

Dep6

For sure they could make some positive changes to help folks, but we are discussing DNR!!

Dep6

The last go round, where they drew and they did the drawing again, got me, supposedly picked that first round, of course not on the 2nd drawing. Kinda ridiculous and ludicrous at the same time. But I have not received an email this time saying they made an error and I was not picked. We will see.

groundhawg

The last go round, where they drew and they did the drawing again, got me, supposedly picked that first round, of course not on the 2nd drawing. Kinda ridiculous and ludicrous at the same time. But I have not received an email this time saying they made an error and I was not picked. We will see.

That had to be sort of heart-breaking. Good luck this time with the drawing and then your hunt. Would think their web site and other systems could be much better. Also would like to see a break down of the monies the state allows the DNR.

jerry russell

Georgia has the most atrocious draw system in the country. It is ridiculous to draw just days prior to a hunt. The hunters have no time to plan and the state has less time to cover their incompetence.

There is simply no reason why gator tags are not drawn in April.

groundhawg

Georgia has the most atrocious draw system in the country. It is ridiculous to draw just days prior to a hunt. The hunters have no time to plan and the state has less time to cover their incompetence.

There is simply no reason why gator tags are not drawn in April.

Again I agree. How do we change the system? Who can we contact? Jerry, not really asking you. Just hope someone will see this and let us know if we can help make it better.

HunterJoe24

Again I agree. How do we change the system? Who can we contact? Jerry, not really asking you. Just hope someone will see this and let us know if we can help make it better.

They wouldn't care even if they saw it. Us hunters have no idea what were talking about. Our DNR has gotta be the worst one in the country