just got my first Blackstone , Walmart deal

rmac41

I got the 17" on line for $51 and change +tax .
seemed like it was put in the plastic before the coating was dry. scrubbed the dog poo out of it , still has some sticky on it. I`m ready to start the seasoning process , Should I try to season the bottom of it to try to inhibit rust . I know that may be a REAL Dummy question but I just asked it . I`m after the 28" model next . the 36 is a little big for my now crowding cooking area. BTW anyone know who may have the 28 in stock in the metro area ?
Walmart and Home depot has it online for $154. Ace in conyers has it in stock but it`s $199 . pretty big difference.
Thanks yall , love this forum.
ps I tried to smoke some okra in the electric smoker last night . wasn`t good at all. I`m sure it won`t be my last flop though.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
:cool::cool:

Hey we all learn from flops! :cheers:

pop pop jones

I rubbed oil on the griddle top, the edges, the sides and back of the raised section. I didn't bother with the underside.

It'll out live me, even if it does rust up.

rmac41

Thanks pop pop and pay

I haven't done anything with it yet but will this morning.
Grandkids coming over and they are bringing their parents. I'll be cooking my usual steak ,chicken ,burgers and dogs .

pop pop jones

We couldn't wait for 4 of ours, to spend the first weekend, after school started back with us.

They got here Friday, today's Sunday. 2/ 10 year old rough and tumble boys. 2 little girls 8 and 11, just right to pick on.

We've had a blast, went to a football game, out to eat, hey are their parents ever going to pick up the little monsters.

rmac41

and a good time was had by all

we love it when they come to visit. Paw-Paw can do no wrong. Burgers was great on the little"blacky". I think It`s gonna be a keeper.

ssramage

Picked up a 17" today also. Walmart changed the price online but I got Dicks to match and used a $10 rewards credit! This will be nice on my upcoming camping trip.

MOTS

Someone posted a website called Brickseek to see the availability in stores and the lowest price. I seen at least 4 stores selling them for 25.00 but as usual was sold out.