Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Tube calls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M Sharpe

Looking for some suggestions for this years round table discussion at the 2018 Unicoi custom call makers show. Last year we did box calls. What would be your suggestion for a call type this year???

ol bob

Its time to start thinking about Unicoi 2018 be here before you know it.:yeah:

KentuckyHeadhunter

Definitely suction calls. They are the FIRST and most ancient turkey call and we have some true masters there at Unicoi. From cane yelpers, wingbones, to fine trumpets. C'mon Mark, please, please, please. Hahahaha

M Sharpe

Hahahaha, you better vote twice Allen!! Suction yelpers and pot calls are neck and neck!!!:bounce:

Gaswamp

Mark is the video from last years roundtable avail to view yet?

Last edited:

herb mcclure

My vote goes out, to ask Mr. Larry Proffitt to come and give a talk about callers and then to give his demonstrations of the various callers. Who is more qualified than Mr. Larry. A national calling judge at the nationals; for how many years? He uses all types of callers and is in a class of his own; way above most experts. Hunts many states, during both Fall and Spring turkey hunts.
herb mcclure

ryanwhit

My vote goes out, to ask Mr. Larry Proffitt to come and give a talk about callers and then to give his demonstrations of the various callers. Who is more qualified than Mr. Larry. A national calling judge at the nationals; for how many years? He uses all types of callers and is in a class of his own; way above most experts. Hunts many states, during both Fall and Spring turkey hunts.
herb mcclure

Though the round table forum is not the proper place for this particular session, this is a fantastic idea.

herb mcclure

Raynwhit, thanks for letting me know that the round table discussion is not the place to have whom I term the most knowledgeable turkey man out there.

Last year I attended Unicoi and the discussions after the supper meal. There were four or five men sitting behind a table. Who they were, I don't know, except Russell Beard. Because, when they told their names and made their comments,(even though I was sitting on the front edge of my chair, with hands cupped behind my ears); I could not hear what they said.

However, earlier in the same afternoon I attended a seminar given by Mr. Larry Proffitt; and what a seminar I was treated to. There were five or six people there besides me. His wisdom, his actual calling demonstrations, and his turkey knowledge; was the best turkey program I have ever attended.

After the table discussions were over, I raised my arm and hand to get permission to speak. When permission was granted I told the entire group, how sad it was that I could not see anyone here in this group that was at Mr. Larry's seminar. I also told them the things that Mr. Larry told about were the best turkey talking; I had ever been to.

He is a man who is in a class above all the turkey people, I know of. My hat is off to him any time or any place.

herb mcclure

M Sharpe

Mr. Herb, Mr. Proffitt has agreed to do the same again next year.

TR Call Maker

Even though I'm a box call builder I think it would be a great idea to have an expert like Mr Proffitt to do a seminar on suction calls. I use them all the time along with a box.

Gaswamp

whats on tap for the seminar this year?

ol bob

The list was for this years show I'm sure Mark will let everyone vote for next years show.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it will be pot calls since we've done boxes and suction calls. Also Corder, Platz, Dawkins, Redbeard, Lonzo, and other great pot call makers are always there.