Deer Jerky

Dub

I wish I had a number for you.

Maybe you can call around and check with some deer processors from the low country of South Carolina. Their deer season opened up on August 15th and they are open for bidness.

My son went nuts over some jalapeño cheese stuffed slimjims that a semi-local processor offered. I had him do almost an entire deer in them. It was north of $200, however the freezer was packed with vacuum sealed packs of slimjims that he gnawed on for months.

I've always wanted to get the LEM snack stick gun and simply load it with ground deer meat and make snack sticks with that lean goodness.

This year may be the time to do so.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
About how much would it cost to have a processor process a 100# field dressed deer into all jerky?

Do it yourself. It's easy. I use ground venison, a jerky blaster and a Excalibur dehydrator.
I suspect it would be expensive to have it done due to the time involved.

JoPa

My guess would be $200+. You could get a slicer and a dehydrator for less. It is time consuming but with a good recipe and some time you can do an entire deer in about 2 days. 4/5 batches at about 5-6 hrs each.

oatmeal1

I believe Dormineys up here does it for around 100. Excellent Jerky. A long way from you but they do a great job. Carnesville Ga