Lunch time

naildrvr

I keep a flat of these in the truck during the summer for hot days like this. The salt in them quickly replaces what I lose while sweating.

Attachments

• IMG_20170816_114215388_HDR-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20170816_114215388_HDR-600x800.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 421

ryork

Looks Good!

I don't keep them in the truck or the house for that matter (wifey thing), but I do keep a bunch in the boat! There's something about Vienna sausages while floating on a river!

Attachments

• 3-6 (12).jpg
    3-6 (12).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 365

Dub

Yessir !!!!

Growing up, Dad would break them out on the boat when it was snack time. We pour out the juice, shake on some pepper and fill the can up with vinegar.....and enjoy them mightily.

tsharp

I just ate a can before opening computer up. Something about saltwater and vienna sausage.

little rascal

Libby's are the best!

A little less sodium than the others. I actually like the chicken ones too. Another goody is the Underwood deviled ham dipped up with crackers. True story back when Viennas had the thick jelly goop(nowadays they are liquefied) brother used to open them and swoosh them in the water while idling the boat to wash the gel out. Also, have had to use a spinner bait blade to eat them and sardines when I had no fork!:cool:
When we were little Potted Meat was the thing!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I love them thangs!!!!!! Love me some potted meat and crackers too.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I keep some in my boat, deviled spam too.

naildrvr

The jalapeno kind are good and if I'm eating them at home, I'll pour Texas Pete wing sauce over them along with some hidden valley ranch.

Minner

I like them all but kinda like the BBQ ones best. I remember back when I first started hunting Dad and I were going to eat some Viennas after a morning hunt. It was late in the season and very cold, so cold the jelly stuff in the viennas was congealed to a near solid that would not pour off. Dad always had a few of those trioxane fire starters from the army/navy store and he built a little ring of rocks big enough to hold a can, put the first starter in the center of it and lit it and sat the vienna can on top of the rocks. Didn't take but a bit for the contents to warm up so we could pour the gel off and eat the rest. That was 30 years or so ago.

BDD

I like them too , except for the time in Jamaica the place we stayed at came with a complimentary breakfast.
Sausage and eggs toast and juice…. You can guess what the sausage part was…. Not quite the something.