Had to make some bacon

creekbender

Looked in the freezer and saw that I was low on bacon so I decided to cook up a few pounds of it . I did most of it in a bourbon maple and I experimented on a jalapeno maple kind and let me tell you it is right on time . I put the ol globe to work and got them all sliced up so I should be good for a little while .

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0947(1).jpg
    IMG_0947(1).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0953(1).jpg
    IMG_0953(1).jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0960(1).jpg
    IMG_0960(1).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 394

naildrvr

Now that looks fittin to eat. What temp do you smoke it and for how long? I'd like to give it shot.

99Tarbox

Well done!

Dub

Much respect.

Bacon Maester !!!!!!!!

Winter is coming.....and you, sir, are well provisioned for it.

K80Shooter

I see a lot of good meals in someone's future. Awesome job.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Yeah, Outstanding!!!!!:clap:

cjones

Man that looks great!

I talked to a guy at a farmer's market last weekend about getting a pork belly for making bacon. He said $7/lb for about a 10 lb slab - how does that compare with other prices that you guys see for pork belly?

Snookpimpin

Man that looks great!

I talked to a guy at a farmer's market last weekend about getting a pork belly for making bacon. He said $7/lb for about a 10 lb slab - how does that compare with other prices that you guys see for pork belly?

to me that doesn't seem very good when you can buy bacon smoked/cut/packaged for 7-10 $/lb at any big name store.

creekbender

I pay a whole lot less than that . Them seems very high to me .

Man that looks great!

cjones

to me that doesn't seem very good when you can buy bacon smoked/cut/packaged for 7-10 $/lb at any big name store.

I pay a whole lot less than that . Them seems very high to me .

Yeah, this was a small mom-and-pop "free range no chemical no sour flowers no nasty music only hugs and butterflies" kind of place. I assumed it was higher price, but I haven't priced pork bellies at any other place yet so I didn't know how much higher he was than regular shops.

sbroadwell

I had a small local grocery chain (Bells, in Athens) order me some porkbelly last year. They got it from their pork supplier (think it was Holifield, but not sure). Took a week or so to get it, cause they just butcher once a week, and had to know in advance. It was $2.99 per pound.