***General Weather Discussion Thread #7 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Can you use a welding helmet to look at the eclispe without burning your corneas?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Somebody teased y'all by saying we were done with the 90's. I checked my station data for the month and it said we have had 6 days in a row of 90 or over, with yesterday bumping 98. Just to verify I plugged in to an archive site for Athens weather for August thus far and here's what I found.

We will start to cool off within the next several weeks. October looks promising for cooler temps.:fine:
Man its hot!!!!!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Can you use a welding helmet to look at the eclispe without burning your corneas?
NASA / NOAA says that any welding goggles or helmets have to have a shade rating of a #12 at a minimum to look at the eclipse but highly recommends a #13 or #14 ideally.
I've heard others recommend higher shade ratings, but good luck finding them.

We will start to cool off within the next several weeks. October looks promising for cooler temps.:fine:
Man its hot!!!!!

Well duhhh.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
20840831_1632057860140303_336512034793308997_n.png

How the eclipse will effect temps in areas of 100% occlusion. From the N. Ga. Wx facebook page.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
NASA / NOAA says that any welding goggles or helmets have to have a shade rating of a #12 at a minimum to look at the eclipse but highly recommends a #13 or #14 ideally.
I've heard others recommend higher shade ratings, but good luck finding them.

Thanks for the info.

Well duhhh.
Just trying to do my good deed for the day.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Summer isn't over yet folks. In fact this is typically the hottest period of the summer. Heed these warning signs, drink plenty of water and do not push yourself, or others if you are a rec league or school coach.

20953283_1550000825061945_7404589667919838472_n.jpg

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Summer isn't over yet folks. In fact this is typically the hottest period of the summer. Heed these warning signs, drink plenty of water and do not push yourself, or others if you are a rec league or school coach.

20953283_1550000825061945_7404589667919838472_n.jpg

Great information !

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You can't forecast clouds, but you can speculate what may be. Here's the nam updated cloud cover guess for 15z on Monday (closest time to the eclipse)

cloudcover.us_se.png

And here's the precip map for the same period.

refcmp_ptype.us_se.png

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I think I am moving to the North pole 6o for highs 40 for low.

Status
Not open for further replies.