Texas Dove Hunt Recommendations

robo1211

Anybody have and experience/recommendations for a Texas dove hunt trip?

I have been going 5 years in a row, never disappointed. My friends have been going for 18 years in a row. They also do hog hunting during dove season.

It is located half way between totally lost and way the heck out there....

Guide Service: Stanfield Hunting Outfitters
Knox City, Texas
Phone: 940.658.3172
Web Site: www.stanfieldhunting.com

robo1211

I have been going 5 years in a row, never disappointed. My friends have been going for 18 years in a row. They also do hog hunting during dove season.

It is located half way between totally lost and way the heck out there....

Guide Service: Stanfield Hunting Outfitters
Knox City, Texas
Phone: 940.658.3172
Web Site: www.stanfieldhunting.com

Awesome! I'll check them out! It's always good to hear from folks who have been there. Thanks!

wellwood

I grew up in tx. The dove hunting can be awesome. Sometimes I go back and hunt at my uncles. I went a couple of years ago on a combination teal/dove hunt at the Pintail Lodge with some family and friends. It was awesome. Limited out on both. I would look it up. They have a nice lodge with a awesome bass pond you can fish in and shoot sporting clays to.

FordGuy27

Did a dove hunt in late September a few years ago directly West of Freeport, I think it was in Bay city, TX. Our group ran into some bad luck as most of the birds had just pushed out. HOWEVER, the lodge we went to was really nice and the owner swapped us morning Teal hunt the following day at the dove rate. Made a good trip into a great one.

Highly recommend going to Texas, but like any trip, have a back-up plan in case the birds aren't there to make sure your trip is a great one.

Place we went to was Coastal Wings, but I don't think they do birds in Texas anymore, as they moved the business to AR & OK.

robo1211

Thanks for the recommendations