Happy Solstice.

TTom

It's almost midnight on the Winter Solstice.

A time for recognizing the begining of new things and renewing plans for things unfinished.

mtnwoman

Same to y'all. Light headin' our way. The daylight will start being longer during the day, I hate it being dark at 5pm...I love it being light at 9pm...I can plow longer :rofl:

Artfuldodger

Yeah, i'm ready for longer days and shorter nights too.
Happy Solstice. Don't Pagans & Wiccans celebrate the two solstices?

Last edited:

mtnwoman

Yeah, i'm ready fro longer days and shorter nights too.
Happy Solstice. Don't Pagans & Wiccans celebrate the two solstices?

Yes in their own way.

But there is a summer and winter solstice that God created for a reason and I celebrate that creation in a different way than pagans and wiccans. Remember satan's work is like a bootleg tape...satan didn't create the solstices he just copies it and skews it. I don't worship the sun but I thank God for it, the moon, the stars, etc. None of that was created by satan, he just turned them into idols for those who do not believe in God.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes in their own way.

But there is a summer and winter solstice that God created for a reason and I celebrate that creation in a different way than pagans and wiccans. Remember satan's work is like a bootleg tape...satan didn't create the solstices he just copies it and skews it. I don't worship the sun but I thank God for it, the moon, the stars, etc. None of that was created by satan, he just turned them into idols for those who do not believe in God.

Yeah your right, I read that on Satan's facebook page.

mtnwoman

Yeah your right, I read that on Satan's facebook page.

I didn't mean to imply that pagans or wiccans were devilworshipers. And you need to stay off satan's facebook mister....:smash:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I didn't mean to imply that pagans or wiccans were devilworshipers. And you need to stay off satan's facebook mister....:smash:

Well I'll be honest, I do not have a facebook account but I am curious to where all this Devil knowledge comes from.
Do people just throw the blame on him because they have no other excuse or is there a Devil's diary/Facebook page/twitter that he posts on to take credit for things like mentioned above and worse??? Basically where does an individuals knowledge of Satan's intentions and plans come from?

mtnwoman

Well I'll be honest, I do not have a facebook account but I am curious to where all this Devil knowledge comes from.
Do people just throw the blame on him because they have no other excuse or is there a Devil's diary/Facebook page/twitter that he posts on to take credit for things like mentioned above and worse??? Basically where does an individuals knowledge of Satan's intentions and plans come from?

The Bible.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The Bible.

Ohhhhh, excellent! You'll be able to give me the verses that are specific to what you claim about the solstices' and sun,moon,stars as idols.
Your not doing a little bit of freelancing are you and adding your thoughts into it?

mtnwoman

Ohhhhh, excellent! You'll be able to give me the verses that are specific to what you claim about the solstices' and sun,moon,stars as idols.
Your not doing a little bit of freelancing are you and adding your thoughts into it?

No...I thought you ask about satan....my bad.

So no one has worshipped the sun, moon or stars? Alrighty then!?

If so the Bible says to have no other Gods before Him. Need scripture on that then?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No...I thought you ask about satan....my bad.

So no one has worshipped the sun, moon or stars? Alrighty then!?

If so the Bible says to have no other Gods before Him. Need scripture on that then?

I did ask about Satan. Where in the bible does it say he did what you say he did?

No other Gods before him.........sounds like Gods after him are acceptable.

mtnwoman

I did ask about Satan. Where in the bible does it say he did what you say he did?

No other Gods before him.........sounds like Gods after him are acceptable.

The Winter Solstice is the season of 'light'.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Ok then no other Gods above Him....;)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The Winter Solstice is the season of 'light'.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Ok then no other Gods above Him....;)

Are you changing that commandment to suit?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I often wondered about the "No other gods before Him" comandment. Does this not implicitely imply that there are (were) other gods?

mtnwoman

I often wondered about the "No other gods before Him" comandment. Does this not implicitely imply that there are (were) other gods?

That's how I see it, too.

I think about it meaning zeus, money, infidelity, addiction anything that you put before Him...and it doesn't have to be necessarily a sin, it could be anything that you desire more than God, even if you don't know it. Exercising, skating, biking, swimming, tv, pets...and believe me I've been guilty of putting 'good' things above God at times when I get consumed with it. But thanks to the blood of the Lamb I am forgiven, even when I mess up...I'm good at messing up.