first bear

The mtn man

Im doing the 1/2 life-size mount, I will post a pictures when it is finished. I was in a box stand and have watched this bear on camera for about a month before bear season. Finally on Thursday morning, I was able to get a shot on him with my TC Dimension 30-06. He was a little over 200 yards. The woods are very wet where I was hunting as you can see in the picture so I was lucky that he dropped where he stood. The haul out was easy, it took 4 of us to load him onto the back of our Kubota RTV. Then we picked him up with a tractor to dress him and gave the meat to friends. :shoot:
i want a half body mount, can't wait to see yours, that's a sure enough truck bed full of bear, congratulations bud.

Killer Kyle

My euro mount is almost finished. Just gotta check the man card in at the door at the Sally beauty supply store and pick up the peroxide to bleach, and I'll be done. I'll look up this guy for future reference though!
Thanks for filling me in on the seasons Etonca and TS88. I never thought to look up S. GA's seasons since I don't hunt there. I'm jealous that you guys down there have an early rifle season! I can't wait to break out the .308! And TS88, the Dimension is a sweet rifle! Wish I had one!

turkeyslayer88

My euro mount is almost finished. Just gotta check the man card in at the door at the Sally beauty supply store and pick up the peroxide to bleach, and I'll be done. I'll look up this guy for future reference though!
Thanks for filling me in on the seasons Etonca and TS88. I never thought to look up S. GA's seasons since I don't hunt there. I'm jealous that you guys down there have an early rifle season! I can't wait to break out the .308! And TS88, the Dimension is a sweet rifle! Wish I had one!

We purchased the Buck Boiler and that is what we use to do our deer euro mounts. Its so much simpler than trying to boil and pick, boil and pick....repeat. With the Buck Boiler, once it has simmered you can usually just take the water hose and squirt everything right off. Then use the peroxide from Sally's and you're set.

http://www.basspro.com/The-Buck-Boiler/product/10220893/

RUGERWARRIOR

I just get my wife to pick it up for me.
Great bear.

dixiefowl

That's a great bear my man! This one isn't 400 lbs but he was my first from 2011. Congrats again.

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 370

The mtn man

That's a great bear my man! This one isn't 400 lbs but he was my first from 2011. Congrats again.

Nothing wrong with that, good eating size, you guys should try canning bear meat, that's pretty much the only way I like it.

HossBog

Congratulations, turk, somebody posted here about if we could raise bear like cattle, people wouldn't want beef anymore, it's so good. I've never eaten bear, but, other than coyotes, if I kill it, I eat it.