Why God allows suffering

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Or maybe they just want their daughter to be able to feel pain.....

It is not up to them.
God's Will dictates she is to be unable to feel pain.
Why should they question God?
Why do you think they deserve a wish to alter God's plan? Do you think their wants for their daughter count?

stringmusic

It is not up to them.
I realize that.
God's Will dictates she is to be unable to feel pain.
I realize that.
Why should they question God?
I'm not saying they should or shouldn't. As humans, we do have question though, and there's nothing wrong with asking God a question, according to the motivation.
Why do you think they deserve a wish to alter God's plan?
I didn't say they deserved a wish.
Do you think their wants for their daughter count?
Count for what? For God to make their daughter able to feel pain? Obviously not.

1gr8bldr

I prefer Christian Mingle myself. That's where the freaky chicks are.
That is true. An employee of mine signed up on there. I know I'm getting old, old fashioned, etc..... but crazy is all I can say. Everyday he was showing all the construction workers another girl who had sent him naked pictures. Crazy, 1st and second day contacts. Not girls he had talked to for months.

stringmusic

Attachments

• 6bf67ebf2e56d3da2d8eb0932970f30d444051a57aa28766debe11053529e07a.jpg
    6bf67ebf2e56d3da2d8eb0932970f30d444051a57aa28766debe11053529e07a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 137

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I realize that.
I realize that.

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't. As humans, we do have question though, and there's nothing wrong with asking God a question, according to the motivation.

I didn't say they deserved a wish.

Count for what? For God to make their daughter able to feel pain? Obviously not.

Right. If they are good Christians they should be happy God blessed them with a daughter at all. Whatever her condition is they should accept it and move on.

Why would you then post asking "If her parents could ask God for one wish, what do you think it would be?"
What do YOU think their wish would be? And why?

TripleXBullies

That is true. An employee of mine signed up on there. I know I'm getting old, old fashioned, etc..... but crazy is all I can say. Everyday he was showing all the construction workers another girl who had sent him naked pictures. Crazy, 1st and second day contacts. Not girls he had talked to for months.

Girls are like that on all the sites. I thought I would like it..... Apparently I have standards that girls like that don't meet. They throw those pics around without even being asked!

ambush80

Girls are like that on all the sites. I thought I would like it..... Apparently I have standards that girls like that don't meet. They throw those pics around without even being asked!

That's right. Just cause your forgiven doesn't mean you quit sinning. (Like the gays)

stringmusic

Right. If they are good Christians they should be happy God blessed them with a daughter at all. Whatever her condition is they should accept it and move on.

Why would you then post asking "If her parents could ask God for one wish, what do you think it would be?"
What do YOU think their wish would be? And why?

Read the thread title again, and then read the article again, then put the two together.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Read the thread title again, and then read the article again, then put the two together.

What I think and what you think are only assumptions based off of what we would likely do.
Both are educated guesses based off of very limited knowledge.
Assuming what the parents would do based off of that limited info in the article is still just a guess.

drippin' rock

" Our lack of understanding of God's plan is like a child's lack of understanding as to why their parents allow painful vaccinations."

People like this should not be allowed to have opinions. Much less voice them...

stringmusic

what i think and what you think are only assumptions based off of what we would likely do.
Both are educated guesses based off of very limited knowledge.
Assuming what the parents would do based off of that limited info in the article is still just a guess.
lol.

I'm getting the idea you're not connecting the dots as to why I posted the link.

This thread is about suffering and why God allows it, I showed what life can be like without that suffering. Some of the same reasons that little girl, and all humans, need to feel pain might be some of the same reason God allows pain.

stringmusic

" Our lack of understanding of God's plan is like a child's lack of understanding as to why their parents allow painful vaccinations."

People like this should not be allowed to have opinions. Much less voice them...

Seems like a pretty good metaphor to me.

stringmusic

Well, if this affliction kills her, the parents can mumble things like,"God wanted her more", or "She's in a better place now".
Or, "random selection just wanted her more" and maybe "evolution eased her suffering now"

:rolleyes:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
lol.

I'm getting the idea you're not connecting the dots as to why I posted the link.

This thread is about suffering and why God allows it, I showed what life can be like without that suffering. Some of the same reasons that little girl, and all humans, need to feel pain might be some of the same reason God allows pain.

Oh I certainly get the dots that you are connecting. I am trying to show you that based on that very limited information it is easy to connect those dots. What I am also trying to show is that you have no idea what else is going in their lives except what little info is given in that article. The article does not even state what religion(if any) they belong to. My main point is that you took a limited amount of info and asserted God into the mix and asserted that the parents would ask God for a specific wish. It is a great example of the individual interpretation that goes on with religion/God. You made what you think is an obvious conclusion based on limited information. You added Dots.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Or, "random selection just wanted her more" and maybe "evolution eased her suffering now"

:rolleyes:

No personality needed when random selection is involved. Her condition is based off of a genetic defect. Something went wrong along the process. In nature creatures with that condition will either thrive or be unable to survive.

In a "god" scenario either she is exactly how God intended her to be or else God screwed up. And in your mind the parents want a perfect God to change his creation to suit their wants and needs.

In your trail of Dots have you allowed for the parents praying daily since the condition has been diagnosed? Has it changed anything?

Last edited: