Trophy Radishes

pasinthrough

Mine are getting killed over the last two weeks! I already have them up over my knee and the roots are 2 inches in diameter. I will be down this weekend and try to post a few pics.

Core Lokt

My Uncle dug up 1 TR plant last season at a friends house. He took it home and planted it with a wire cage around it, let it flower/seed out and when the seeds were dry he kept them and planted them this yr. He planted a 50x50 patch mid september and that area is covered with TR that are 10-12" above the ground. Just food for thought.

nkbigdog

Rain

I planted 3 week before opening of rifle season and when opening day came all was looking sad. The soil was cracked from lack of rain. Went back last weekend and looking alot better. Heard it was going to rain mon and tues so I spread 10-10-10 lightly over plot can't wait untill the day after thanksgivening to see how it looks

pasinthrough

90 day update

Well, it's been 3 months and I was blessed with two days of rains over the first month, which is why I think they turned out like they have. The deer are hitting all of my plots hard right now. I still have white oak acorns on the ground, but all my radishes and mustard plots show signs of heavy browsing. I think I'm going to have more plots like these come next year. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 730
  • IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 729
  • IMAG0158.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 724

Marshall R

I planted a corner of a pasture and my radishes and arkansas oats and purple top turnips are outstanding, but there is very little activity on the plot. The corner measures right at two acres. I put out a camera and have six different deer on camera, which has corn in front of the camera. I only put out about 1 gallon out in front of the feeder every 4 days. The deer eat the corn and leave my plot alone. All photos are night time photos and no, I am not hunting over this plot...........yet.

What gives? My plots looks equal or better than the best photos on this thread. I am just outside of Dublin Ga and the plot is on a field that borders a very large swamp / creek. My closest neighbor had a food plot earlier but wasn't satisfied with it so he plowed it under to restart it. Mine is ripe and has little activity. I havent seen any browse damage on any of my plants. Some are almost knee high.

Marshall

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I planted a corner of a pasture and my radishes and arkansas oats and purple top turnips are outstanding, but there is very little activity on the plot. The corner measures right at two acres. I put out a camera and have six different deer on camera, which has corn in front of the camera. I only put out about 1 gallon out in front of the feeder every 4 days. The deer eat the corn and leave my plot alone. All photos are night time photos and no, I am not hunting over this plot...........yet.

What gives? My plots looks equal or better than the best photos on this thread. I am just outside of Dublin Ga and the plot is on a field that borders a very large swamp / creek. My closest neighbor had a food plot earlier but wasn't satisfied with it so he plowed it under to restart it. Mine is ripe and has little activity. I havent seen any browse damage on any of my plants. Some are almost knee high.

Marshall

Quit putting the corn out. You are competeing against yourself.;)

Marshall R

Let me clarify. I put out a Coffee container that might be gallon sized of corn maybe every 4 days in front of the camera. If I didn't do that , I wouldn't have any pictures. Most of the pictures are of 4 coons and 2 possums enjoying the corn.

The corn, if anything should get them to the plot, and then they should jump into the 2 acre salad bowl and have at it. Not the case so far. I dont put out that much corn to keep the deer full enough not to want to eat something else.

Marshall