22 Hogs in One Night (Video)

JAGER

We appreciate all the e-mails as we have killed 446 hogs with a rifle at night this year and 800+ using all hog control methods combined including trapping and ear tag transmitters.

Attached is the video from our best night in 2009. We are hog hunting at night as a population control measure in the crop damaged fields of SW Georgia. We killed 22 of the 30+ hogs destroying a freshly planted corn field in March.

The video is filmed through a military-grade 640x480 resolution thermal scope mounted on a DPMS Panther Arms .308 semi-automatic rifle. The shooter behind the thermal reticle is a retired Soldier from the US Army Marksmanship Unit. There are two other less experienced hunters using .308 Browning BARs on these moving targets.

On each group stalk, the DPMS will take the center hog as the Brownings engage the far left and far right targets. On each single stalk, the DPMS will back-up the other hunters when they miss or injure a hog.

Keep in mind the shooting is from three separate rifles, not just the DPMS. You can hear the difference between each rifle report to determine who is shooting.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EymHKsaOpRg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EymHKsaOpRg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

---JAGER

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Gotta love it!!

T_Fish

that was cool to watch, and some good shooting

hound1973

That by far is the best shooting I've seen. I wish I could find a place to hunt hogs at night, never tried it, always wanted too, could never afford a hunting trip for $400-$800.

The AmBASSaDEER

Sweet!!!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That looked like fun. Congrats!

bigreddwon

Great video Rod.

JAGER

dbodkin

Was there a twofer in the last few shots.. Seemed like I saw 2 drop with one shot..:cool:

JAGER

Was there a twofer in the last few shots?

Yes. We always target the adults first so the juveniles will sometimes run 75 yards and huddle together waiting on adult direction. Normally you can put one bullet through two or three piglets at the same time. It is difficult to tell where one ends and another begins in the thermal signature.

Ten pounds of pork on the run at 75 yards is not an easy shot with a rifle either. These March piglets would have been breeding this month (November) if we weren't so efficient.

---JAGER