BIG Black Male Coyote

Trapper Glatzer

Doing some nuisance work for a fellow that has been having problems with his chickens disappearing. Set a couple MB550'S where his gate was to his chain link fence. Went to check them this morning and saw 2 coyotes in the traps. While getting my choke stick and stuff to remake the sets, I was walking towards them when the normal colored one was trying to pump up a 24" rebar stake I used to hold the trap since that trap was set in front of a compost pile. I smirked to myself until I saw the rebar jump up out of the ground and that coyote was off and running before I could cross the ground to them. Notice the Big male black that was held by one toe. I didn't have the luxury of a lot of camera work as he was doing his best to pull the earth anchor up dispatched the male and reset the trap. Love those earth anchors, but when I checked where the female was I found the dirt was more compost than red clay like the other traps were in. My fault but I had driven that rebar stake all the way in and down as far as I could. My fault,
I should have just moved and set in another area. So if anyone around Athens find an MB550 attached to a long rebar stake, It's mine! Biggest coyote I have ever caught.
He is longer than my fleshing beam by at least a foot and right now he is in my freezer until I decide how to finish him.

Attachments

• Time to go!.JPG
    Time to go!.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Black Male 4-2-2017.JPG
    Black Male 4-2-2017.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,126

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thats an awesome catch. Sorry you lost that other one......but it is kinda funny:D

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice one for sure. What did he weigh?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those are the ones Mr. Bartram described and wrote about.

Trapper Glatzer

He weighed 41 pounds, but about 5-6# was a stomach full of deer meat and hair. Had extremely long legs and a really bad attitude when I got up to him. I actually tried tanning his hide and it came out great. Thank god for you tube and I believe his name was Mr. Hilder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG5mScUjQ4,. There are about 4-5 videos and they all make sense if you take notes. I watched all the videos and his were by far the most informative and my first try came out terrific, so if you want to do fox, bobcat, coyotes, etc. no special tools are needed, just some easy to get chemicals off of Amazon or any taxidermy supply house.