Need a Trapper

hoytman308

Hope you got lots of money. I called one and it ain't cheap. $500 to set ONE trap and $100 for every coyote he catches on top of the $500. I'm just gonna catch them myself. Plenty of people do it and there are plenty of you tube videos for advice.

Melvin4730

You have to check the traps everyday. You have to put out a good number of traps to catch enough coyotes to put a dent in the population. Its a lot of work. I've been teaching myself over the past year. If the traps aren't located where you can just ride around checking them, it takes a lot of time everyday to check them.

Trapper Glatzer

Remember that a trapper has his gas to pay along with enough equipment to work a piece of land that large. 3000 acres would take 10 trappers with at least 36 traps each to work property with that many acres. Plus the trappers would have to be the kind of guys that put a lot of time and work just learning the property, along with knowing a lot about coyotes.
I would suggest that you have a meeting with your members and try to have a spring hunt, where they could help get some of those breeding off the land.
Trapping that much land is unrealistic without a lot of help. Good luck with your problem.

bluesman

jlabowhunter, I live in north Georgia. I don't trap but would be willing to come down and call coyotes every once and awhile if that would help you. Bluesman