GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Bowfishing

Old 02-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Default Shooting from Banks of Columbus

I recently stuck about 9 carp and a huge shad in Columbus off the island there are the river walk. I walked a bunch of the banks on Al side but didn't see anything. I shot over the bridge to the Columbus side and the stadium lights kicked on for the kayaker on the river walk island. I ended up shooting them right in the pool the lights shined on!!! Does anyone have any experience sticking fish on the lower Chattahoochee???
Old 02-18-2017, 12:48 PM

I used to bowfish down there all the time. I'd usually wait for a storm, then I'd go out two days afterwards. There's a large "pool" on the PC side right below where the old Eagle-Phenix dam used to be. I've shot a bunch of big gar that got trapped in it. I had to sell my rig last year to fix my truck, but I'm probly gonna be buying a speargun and trying my luck with that this spring.
Good luck!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper View Post
I used to bowfish down there all the time. I'd usually wait for a storm, then I'd go out two days afterwards. There's a large "pool" on the PC side right below where the old Eagle-Phenix dam used to be. I've shot a bunch of big gar that got trapped in it. I had to sell my rig last year to fix my truck, but I'm probly gonna be buying a speargun and trying my luck with that this spring.
Good luck!
If you ever want to get out there let me know mate!