peacock bass

tyjohnston

hey guys, im in hawaii right now and thinking about going fishing for some peacock bass. what's the best lure to use, and where at? any advice is appreciated.
thanks,
ty

Lonestar

I have never been lucky enough to fish for them, but every show I have seen they are fishing a top water very aggressively. They rip a large prop bait two to four feet at a time. A big spook might do the trick as well.

SS2001

I've never fished 'em either, but they are a predatory fish so I would think the same principles as largemouth apply - adjust your tactics based on what they are feeding on and how.

blazernut

I was fortunate enough a few years back to go to Brazil and fish for them. The Woodchopper was the top bait for big fish. We had some guys playing with different bass baits to see what they would hit. They will kill a white super fluke!!! We had some guys catching up 100/day on flukes and spinnerbaits.. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Jasper

We caught em on chrome Rattle Traps down in Panama Canal years ago. Beautiful fish!

speechless33759

Flukes will catch almost anything in the water. I've caught saltwater fish, alligators, birds, bream, bass, turtles and even myself! I agree with a fluke!

bigbass07

Banned
use a clear pop r or a chrome blue torpedo. not sure of the size of the ones there. explosive top water action for sure.

GeorgiaPineHunter

When I was little we caught a TON of 1-2 lbers on live minnows under a cork. Most fun I've ever had fishing hands down. This was in the Panama Canal. One of my best fishing memories.

Gixxermike

The last time I was fishing for Peacocks in Miami Lakes area we were using smaller jigs with some holographic material tied to them. They were set up with one jig tied on the line about 18-20" from the bottom jig. The jigs were basically small maybe around 1/16 to 1/8 oz. We did very well with them It was a long cast toward the bank and a fast jerky retreive.

Bust-A-Hawg

*BB Boom!!! So much temptation that I could not resist!

:rofl: I'm sure Raymond and Donnie "I am not Raymond" will appreciate the vote of confidence.