SD Card Stolen but left Cam

snookdoctor

More than once, me, or someone else in camp have set cameras, swearing that we put a card in it, only to find the card back at camp.
It does happen.

ssminnow

im definitely thankful to still have the cam but not happy to have thieves on any scale, badge or not.

ive had it happen once before and chalked it up to me forgetting the card. this time i am positive and had someone witness me putting it in. i even called him to make sure lol. i was hoping it was my mistake but afraid not.

thanks gamecock fan, ill check to see if there is any data on the cam.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Milkman, we've never had any trouble with trespassing (until this past week) so im not sure how anyone would know that we needed help keeping people out...

do you reckon these thoughtful folks often pull SD cards without permission to investigate issues?

I recall a fellow who got a pic of a fellow wearing green one time. Then for a while afterward the camera card would have gaps of missing time where the card had been erased. Just saying its possible the person who removed the card just didnt want anyone to know where and who they are. Its obvious he isnt a camera thief.

cramer

I recall a fellow who got a pic of a fellow wearing green one time. Then for a while afterward the camera card would have gaps of missing time where the card had been erased. Just saying its possible the person who removed the card just didnt want anyone to know where and who they are. Its obvious he isnt a camera thief.

He or she might be in a witness protection program and could not risk having their pix up all over the internet or could have been following BigFoot and had to trespass in their pursuit and not wanting to be known as a sasquatch chasing trespasser pulled the card while at the same time knowing you guys would probably shoot said sasquatch, out of season, and ditched the evidence or maybe you forgot to load the card and it's sitting in the gap between the seat of the 4 wheeler.
But we need pics or this just did not happen::ke:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Most trail cam have a limited amount of internal memory and will take photos without the SD Card. If yours does you can use the USB cord and link with your computer. May have photos after the SD card was removed.

I do know that most cameras have an internal memory system that is normally there to keep the date and time of day features correct BUT I have been told that you might be able to retrieve a few photos by using the USB cord and link with your computer as well. I have not had to use that approach though "so far". I will say that if I had a problem like this and found the identity of someone who did violate my camera, I can assure you that it wouldn't be a good day for that person and it would be the same even if he wore green pants too. My Father taught me to take care of business when necessary and then go on about my business afterwards without telling another soul any details. :hair:

More than once, me, or someone else in camp have set cameras, swearing that we put a card in it, only to find the card back at camp.
It does happen.

I have a built-in solution that NEVER lets that happen. I run 10 cameras 24/7/365 and when I approach each camera to change out cards, I always walk in front of the camera and make sure that it takes my photo before I change out the used card and replace it with a new card. THEN I ALWAYS TURN THE CAMERA OFF BEFORE I OPEN IT UP TO RETRIEVE THE USED CARD AND INSTALL A NEW CARD. Even after installing the new card, I always make sure that it takes a couple of photos of me and I check the photo count to make sure that it took a couple of photos before I walk away and go to the next camera. That way, you know the camera is working properly before you leave the woods. I follow this exact routine every time as I keep very detailed records on battery change-outs, types of batteries used, overall performance of each set of batteries, and based on change-out dates, I include the total number of photos taken on each camera location etc.

Hunterlee

what kind of camera some cameras has a alittle memory storage on then when card isn't in it plug it up to ur pc and see if any pics are on it