Problems with Stealth Cam Wildview?

bulldawgborn

Has anybody here had issues with a Stealth Cam Wildview taking a lot of moving vegetation pics? I have gotten a few pics of wildlife on this cam before, but i have always had issues with broom sedge or other vegetation moving and making the camera go off. I have the camera mounted on a tree that shouldn't move unless there are heavy winds. There is a slide on the front of the camera that is supposed to adjust coverage area; I have tried playing with this adjustment but i keep getting a camera full of nothing...

Maybe it's just a bigfoot chasing a black panther all around my setup :deadhorse:

typarker69

are you getting direct sunlight on the camera. I had it happen to me one time, moved camera about 1/4 of a turn on the tree and it never happened again.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
If it picks up movement the vegetation moving in the wind will trip it. I always try to keep any branches and other stuff at least 30 or 40 feet away from the front of the camera and rarely have any trouble.

gt40

bulldawgborn

Thanks for the replies. I have the camera facing as north as i can get it. I tried to make sure i had most vegetation out of the way. i will tweak my setup a little more and see if it makes a difference.

pasinthrough

I have (or had) two stealth cams and neither one would last more than 3 weeks on new batteries. I sent them back, got new ones and yep, same thing.

They are in the trash and I'll never buy another. Take it FWIW

Don't know anything about them so may have been answered by your slide question (may be the same thing) but is there a sensitivity adjustment to the board? (only make/use homebrews and all the boards have a POT for sensitivity)

bulldawgborn

Thank you all for the replies. It is an inexpensive camera, so I guess i got what i paid for. i am not sure if the distance setting will help or not, but i tinkered with it and put it back out. we will see

ssiredfish

Thank you all for the replies. It is an inexpensive camera, so I guess i got what i paid for. i am not sure if the distance setting will help or not, but i tinkered with it and put it back out. we will see

I had the same problem with the Covert. A weedeater to the coverage area fixed it. That was my last solution and the only one that worked. Only time I was ever glad to see just 5 pics and not 150!!!

gsuga

I had a stealth a few years ago. Replaced it four or five times under warranty and neither one ever worked correctly nor for long. Batteries were used up quickly also. Service people could not correct the problem. I do not plan to buy another nor recommend a stealth.

bulldawgborn

I had a stealth a few years ago. Replaced it four or five times under warranty and neither one ever worked correctly nor for long. Batteries were used up quickly also. Service people could not correct the problem. I do not plan to buy another nor recommend a stealth.

i wouldn't recommend them either. Santa Claus brought it to me a few years ago. i guess i wasn't a good enough boy to get a Cuddeback

rackman

Does stealth make a wild view trail cam? my stealth cam works fine and has been the last 3 years battery life also good

idsman75

I was getting a lot of that with my Moultrie. Then I took the pruner and the weed-whacker out to the woods and cleared a lot of that moving vegetation. That solved the problem.

Hunter922

Went thru 4 Stealth cams over the last two years. There customer service is pitiful.. They better spend my money wisely they will not get any more! They are neck and neck with the wildgame junk.

bulldawgborn

Does stealth make a wild view trail cam? my stealth cam works fine and has been the last 3 years battery life also good

I am pretty sure that is the make and model of the camera I am asking about. I could be wrong though.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I am starting to think it is mostly just performing at the level of it's cost.