Converting the dying

red neck richie

Ritchie,
If you were dying I would absolutely lie to you and tell you you were going to Heaven. I would do that for anyone if I felt that's what they wanted to hear. Would you do the same for me and assure me that when I die that it will be the end of me because that's what I want to hear?

No. I wouldn't.

red neck richie

Interesting.....

Atlas, your point has been made.

I wouldn't lie. You would. You don't believe. I do so I don't get your point? Perhaps it is to Irritate me as to your attitude but you will not succeed. What ever makes your boat float bro. Just learned a lot about you.

Artfuldodger

Ritchie,
If you were dying I would absolutely lie to you and tell you you were going to Heaven. I would do that for anyone if I felt that's what they wanted to hear. Would you do the same for me and assure me that when I die that it will be the end of me because that's what I want to hear?

You think that is what the nurse is doing?

ambush80

I wouldn't lie. You would. You don't believe. I do so I don't get your point? Perhaps it is to Irritate me as to your attitude but you will not succeed. What ever makes your boat float bro. Just learned a lot about you.

And I about you and what you think about compassion. It's ugly, Ritchie. Thank you for shining a light on it for everyone to see.

Artfuldodger

And I about you and what you think about compassion. It's ugly, Ritchie. Thank you for shining a light on it for everyone to see.

I'm a bit confused as to this light Ritchie has shined on it. What point is being made. I have to agree that you are sounding a bit cold.

I guess what you are saying is that if there was a God, he is heartless for letting this woman die a cruel and painful death. That at least God could let one die in peace before they gain eternal life.

ambush80

I'm a bit confused as to this light Ritchie has shined on it. What point is being made. I have to agree that you are sounding a bit cold.

If you had a dying friend who was Buddhist and his family was performing some ritual like lighting incense or ringing a bell would you tell them that you can't participate? If your friend asked you if they were going to "Buddhist Heaven" would you tell them no?

The point is that Ritchie's belief has blinded him to what true compassion would be at that moment. He thinks his dogma is more important than filling that persons last moments with comfort. Perhaps he might plead with them to convert as they take their last breath.

It's absolutely sickening and if you can't see that then it's an indication of how mind messed you are.

ambush80

Salvation.

Walk around with these ideas for a while. Pray on it. Whatever you do, really think about the kind of person you want to be.

I was getting to a "live and let live" point. Now I've been reminded of what a sickness religion is and why it should be combated.

red neck richie

Walk around with these ideas for a while. Pray on it. Whatever you do, really think about the kind of person you want to be.

I was getting to a "live and let live" point. Now I've been reminded of what a sickness religion is.
I hate it for you. Maybe you are the sick one? Regardless I hope I am no were around you when my time on earth is done.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So not all humans are the children of god.
Interesting

Who created humans again? I want to make sure that I am not missing something.

We are all his creation, but not all are children of God. To be a child of God you have to believe in him, abide in him and follow him. If we were all children of God, there’s no need for the hot place.

Of course this is from the Christian stand point and you’d have to believe the same biblical principles to agree with that.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you had a dying friend who was Buddhist and his family was performing some ritual like lighting incense or ringing a bell would you tell them that you can't participate? If your friend asked you if they were going to "Buddhist Heaven" would you tell them no?.

Out of respect and honor for the family, I think we’ve all been in a church where rituals for weddings, dedications, and funerals have been performed that didn’t align with our beliefs.

I believe that you can definitely comfort a dying friend without lying to them. If mine asked me if he was going to Buddhist heaven, I’d certainly smile and say “buddy, I believe that you’ve done everything that you knew was required to get there”

And truthfully, if he believes in Buddhist heaven, he’s certainly done what he thinks is required to get there.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We are all his creation, but not all are children of God. To be a child of God you have to believe in him, abide in him and follow him. If we were all children of God, there’s no need for the hot place.

Of course this is from the Christian stand point and you’d have to believe the same biblical principles to agree with that.

I was just going by one of the conflicting passages in scripture.

1 John 2:2, “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.