quality muzzle loader at reasonable price?

Marshall R

I am wanting to get a break over barrell type muzzle loader for ease of cleaning including quality, and accuracy. Can I get some suggestions for those who have already pulled the trigger, pun intended, and tell me what you have purchased and your experience with your weapon.

I am looking to buy one for around the 300 dollar mark, preferably with a scope included. I am looking for a new one from a retailer, not asking for someone to sell me their used muzzle loader.

CVA, Accura, Optima, Wolf, or any other quality brand that you may have experience with.

Thank you,

Marshall

Killer Kyle

I have been very happy with my Traditions Bucks talker. Shoots plenty accurate for me, quality construction, easy to clean. I have only killed one hog with it. I shoot 100grs white hot pellets and power belt aerotips, and I love the combo. It is my first set up, but I am very happy with it, and it falls into that $300.00 range.

scott30415

Marshall I am in the same process, but I am probably going with T/C Triumph or T/C Impact. However I have not ruled out a Knight Bighorn. Sticking with made in the USA.

deast1988

I got my TC discount after season at Walmart. Keep an eye for muzzleloaders when they close them out its huge savings. I got a TC omega for $150 out the door

scott30415

Pulled the trigger on the T/C Impact, bare rifle was $224.00. I could not find any Walmart clearance in my area. I did top it with 50mm 3x9 Muzzleloading scope. I picked mine up at muzzle-loaders.com, shipped to the door for $5. I did not go with a factory package, I selected my own accessories and dropped $400.00 total. I did shoot one a friend had and was able to hold it and try it for about 12 shots and was impressed.

Rulo

Try a used CVA Magbolt 150 or Hunterbolt 150 on Gunbroker in .50 cal. They run anywhere from $100 to $125 plus another $25 or so in shipping. You dont need an FFL and they are pretty neat.