Another Backyard Bruin

Buckman18

Killerkyle,

Are you saying some folks couldn't accurately estimate the weight of a bear if it was trying to eat them for lunch?

Or am I missing something here? :rofl:

Last edited:

tree cutter 08

I would agree! Did you get wet last nite? We barely made it out before the flood came. Didn't see any bear but did manage to see a few does but no fawns. They were on edge so I figured the hogs or bear would have came through shortly but we left out just in time.

Killer Kyle

Killerkyle,

If I am understanding you correctly, you are tactfully trying to articulate that the metro Atlanta bear 'experts' are full of **** and couldn't accurately estimate the weight of a bear if it was trying to eat them for lunch?

Or am I missing something here? :rofl:

heh! Your words...not mine!!

Killer Kyle

I would agree! Did you get wet last nite? We barely made it out before the flood came. Didn't see any bear but did manage to see a few does but no fawns. They were on edge so I figured the hogs or bear would have came through shortly but we left out just in time.

Cutter, I made it out at around 7:45. Hit the river, fished for about an hour, and left just as the rain started to fall. Came down a deluge of rain on the way home. It has rained like this EVERY SINGLE DAY for the last few weeks. I cannot get a scouting trip in or day fishing in without getting soaked. I came back down last night, and it was bone dry in Cornelia.
The rain this year has been something else!!
Couple days back I checked the forecast for Hiawassee. The forecast read minimum 35% chance of rain (most days were 40%-50%) and scattered thunderstorms for the next fourteen days STRAIGHT. The highest of the expected highs was 86 degrees.
This has been the wettest and coolest August I can ever remember.

Last edited:

Buckman18

We just got done with breakfast, and I'm about to go on a walk-about. It's getting about that time! Finally putting down the fishing pole!

blackpowder56

See the tag in his ear?

I was watching the news tonight and they said that the bear was a problem bear and has been relocated once. If he gets to be a problem, they were saying that it was likely that DNR would put him down. If you look closely at the photo you can see the tag in his ear.

jbogg

I was watching the news tonight and they said that the bear was a problem bear and has been relocated once. If he gets to be a problem, they were saying that it was likely that DNR would put him down. If you look closely at the photo you can see the tag in his ear.

Thanks for the update. I never noticed the tag until you mentioned it. Hope he finds his way back to the mountains.