Will low battery life cause this

Luckybuck

Daytime color pictures are really dark, noticed battery level was low, can that cause poor daytime photos or maybe something else going on.

fishhunt05

Something else going on. Only thing the batter life will effect is trigger speed and it won’t take pictures. What type of camera.

sghoghunter

Low batteries will cause them to do all kind of wierd things. On one of my moultries the night time pics will have white going up and down. The deader they get the thicker the lines get

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I never let my batteries get below 50 percent. Like sgo says, the low batteries will cause all sorts of malfunctions. Even the IR camera's have a capacitor and it takes a lot of power to charge that, not to mention the writing to the sd cards and all the other things that make the circuitboard work.

Luckybuck

I use Browning range ops cameras for some 4 years now and they have been best for me of all the brands that I have used. Wondering if I have used up my SDHC card sandisk 8GB. I keep a camera out at my house and take some 1500 to 2000 pictures a week. I keep the ones that appeal to me in files I call Back Yard Deer (BYD). When I clear card I will reformat every time on my computer before putting back in camera. The night pictures in black and white are clear images. Only the color ones have gotten really dark. If I can find a multi pack of san disk I will try some new cards but the prices on SD cards have really gone up. Trigger speed still same as I have camera on a 3 shot sequence and camera is firing as usual.

sghoghunter

I use Browning range ops cameras for some 4 years now and they have been best for me of all the brands that I have used. Wondering if I have used up my SDHC card sandisk 8GB. I keep a camera out at my house and take some 1500 to 2000 pictures a week. I keep the ones that appeal to me in files I call Back Yard Deer (BYD). When I clear card I will reformat every time on my computer before putting back in camera. The night pictures in black and white are clear images. Only the color ones have gotten really dark. If I can find a multi pack of san disk I will try some new cards but the prices on SD cards have really gone up. Trigger speed still same as I have camera on a 3 shot sequence and camera is firing as usual.

Not familiar with browning cameras but can you delete pics on the camera?

sghoghunter

One thing I have been told is to never delete a card off anything other than the camera itself. I use to have problems with cards and that's what customer support at moultrie told me. Since then I've had no problems

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell a difference in types of batteries in some cams, too. Duracells-no comparison to any other kind or brand.

Luckybuck

I agree about Duracell batterys, but I let my billfold make some of my purchase decisions. Believe the saying goes you get what you pay for .

Killdee

1500=2000 pics a week for how many weeks, all things wear out in most cases.

Luckybuck

3 to 4 years but I rotate 4 cameras periodically. I now have 3 browning and 1 primos. Had several different makes of Moultries but did not have best of luck with these. The browning cameras to date have been most reliable and best that I have owned, but they have a lot of pictures and usage. During hunting season I put 3 in woods and keep one at my house for all my BYD.

Luckybuck

I am guessing with the number of pictures on SD cards over time may have caused a problem. Need to try a new one and see what happens.

rosewood

I always move and delete photos on an SD cards on my computer. One thing I have learned, turn off the camera before removing the card and also use the "eject" or "remove" feature on your computer before removing the SD card. It prevents errors on the card.

Rosewood

Last edited:

sghoghunter

I always move and delete photos on an SD cards on my computer. One thing I have learned, turn off the camera before removing the card and also use the "eject" or "remove" feature on your computer before removing the SD card. It prevents errors on the card.

Rosewood

I use to use my computer and a camera to view and erase pictures but started getting errors showing up on cards. I probably throwed away $100 worth of cards over the yrs until I found out that card have different settings on them and all trail cameras have the same but other cameras and viewing devices may be different