Two Shy Thus Far!

mlandrum

My goal for Woodcock this season is 8, today is number 6 and all I have is the Saturday hunt left:huh: Drake flushed one covey of quail( Maybe 10 birds, one snipe and 2 WC, I also fell in the creek and had to do a TOTAL cloths Change on the public road---- Man, this 70 year old KID is having a time!!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (15).jpg
    FullSizeRender (15).jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 336
  • FullSizeRender (17).jpg
    FullSizeRender (17).jpg
    144 KB · Views: 336
  • FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 333

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
It looks and sounds like you are definitely having a good time. Thank you for your stories and pictures. These post are the only way I can experience the hunts this year.
Jeff

mlandrum

Took of for the last two hours of sun-light today and WOW! Drake flushed four , I shot SEVEN times and only got one but Drake put on a show for ole Dad:fine: Here he is on the retrieve:shoot:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 207
  • FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 207
  • FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 210

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
A crack shot on clays, dove, quail and ducks remarked to me after missing woodcock told me "it's not like they are hard to hit; it's just they are too durn easy to miss." Sporty bird, they are. Seeing them in their natural environs is something few folks get to see. Just being around them is great fun and a bird in the hand is a bonus. Gil