Hog are a problem

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hogs have gotten out of hand. Farms are complaining about the damage they do, but few will let ya hunt em. Private clubs need to keep after the hogs, as hogs do run deer off. My club stays after the hogs with three traps, and shooting every one we see. It's nothing to kill 75 to 100 hogs in a year in SW Georgia. We make sure the meat goes to people who want it, or need it. Darn things makes it tough to hunt em without dogs because they're nocturnal. They also get trap wise fast.

Attachments

• July8th.jpg
    July8th.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 936
  • freshpork.jpg
    freshpork.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 942
  • bigboar.jpg
    bigboar.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 940
  • Bohog3.jpg
    Bohog3.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 943

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We give the hogs a fit, year round. Even the kids get involved

Attachments

• Jackson.jpg
    Jackson.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 933
  • A351.jpg
    A351.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 925
  • A620.jpg
    A620.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 927
  • A344.jpg
    A344.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 927
  • A361.jpg
    A361.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 936

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The kids love it

Attachments

• Mar182017.jpg
    Mar182017.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 902

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Too large to drag anywhere.

Attachments

• bigboar.jpg
    bigboar.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 903

georgia_home

Awesome son! Especially with the youngins involved.

Those little ones will cook up on the grill like turkey leg/thigh combos. They'll be awesome.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks for sharing the photos son....... that’s a big old knarly pig!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We run three traps, and shoot a few during deer season. Dropped this one at 80 yards with a shot behind the ear. I'm 5 11, 225, so you can see it's a good size hog.

Attachments

• Dec112016.jpg
    Dec112016.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 663

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I actually sat here and watched this sow rush an 8 foot gator to keep it off her pigs. Apparently this is what she is doing in this trail camera photo. I was amazed the gator didn't take her by the nose and pull her on in. Must not have been too hungry at the time. We have already caught this group.

Attachments

• pigsin waterhole.jpg
    pigsin waterhole.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 666

Dirtroad Johnson

I actually sat here and watched this sow rush an 8 foot gator to keep it off her pigs. Apparently this is what she is doing in this trail camera photo. I was amazed the gator didn't take her by the nose and pull her on in. Must not have been too hungry at the time. We have already caught this group.

Never woulda thought that, nature at its best. :cheers:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That is some good stuff right there!!! Some call this a problem and I have to agree they are in places like the above. But you can see why I love them so much too:banana:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Grilling meat. Went to pick up a trailer i haul my golf cart on from the woods. Checking hog traps, found a bunch of pigs running back and forth across the road at a trap. Took the ol 30 dollar turkey shotgun out and nailed two of em with #4 shot. That's all the shells i had. Must have been 15 to 20 of em.

Attachments

• IMG_20180125_145431004.jpg
    IMG_20180125_145431004.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 604

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Current situation is, sows stand aside and let pigs eat the bait out of the traps. Smart sows. We're going to fix those traps so when pigs trip the gate, they will be caught. At present, they go right through the cattle panels the traps are made of. Almost a losing battle as long as adjacent lands don't do their part to control em.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Property lines do restrict how much control a club has. Put pressure on hogs, they go across the fences. Within a week or so, they're right back with more from farther away.

Attachments

• IMG_20171116_114225852.jpg
    IMG_20171116_114225852.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 286

j_seph

can i come to your place and hunt em?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wish i could let some come hunt the hogs, but our contract doesn't allow it.