Burris Red Dot Scope

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Why would you put that on a wing shooting gun?

rnelson5

I have a Burris fast fire red dot on an Ar15 and I couldn’t imagine having that on a duck gun. I wouldn’t want anything in my sight path between me and the bird.

27metalman

I have to admit I fell into the trap a couple years ago with a FastFire. Seen it on TV several times and thought, hey, this might get me another duck or two. After two hunts I took it off. I'm a decent shot, but I was thinking this might make my solo hunts a bit more productive. It was unnatural for it to be on the gun when I brought the gun up to my shoulder. After a little time of no movement, it shuts down, thus the next time you point --- no red dot. I caught myself trying to look over it or around it, making me mount my gun differently. We all know what that means --- Boom, Boom, Boom ---- "Dang It!" It has been in the gun safe ever since. Live and learn I guess... a fool and his money soon part. :)

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I have to admit I fell into the trap a couple years ago with a FastFire. Seen it on TV several times and thought, hey, this might get me another duck or two. After two hunts I took it off. I'm a decent shot,z but I was thinking this might make my solo hunts a bit more productive. It was unnatural for it to be on the gun when I brought the gun up to my shoulder. After a little time of no movement, it shuts down, thus the next time you point --- no red dot. I caught myself trying to look over it or around it, making me mount my gun differently. We all know what that means --- Boom, Boom, Boom ---- "Dang It!" It has been in the gun safe ever since. Live and learn I guess... a fool and his money soon part. :)
Buy a 22 pistol to put it on. That's pretty fun shooting.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
FF is great for turkeys. Ducks, too, if you are inclined to water swatting. ;) Gil

I have cerebral palsy and cannot line a shotgun up good due to vision issue on right side or fast enough so I use one for everything from dove to turkey to skeet. Works great !!!

Rich M

Gotta get tired of folks looking down at folks - shoot 'em when & where you want as long as they are legal.

Only take a shot you know you are going to make - if you think about it, you know when you are gonna connect and when it is a maybe - aw what the heck - kind of shot.

One of my hunt buddies uses some kind of tru glo beads he lines up and he does pretty well with them. If you need to try something in order to shoot - by all means try it. I don't personally have a scope or any special beads on my gun.

Latest posts