Hog Calls?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
That's why I'm on the fence about calling. If their packed up rooting or wallowing or whatever, they're content and living life as usual. You have a better chance of sneaking up on em. Now if you're calling and interrupt their routine, I feel like you're the one being hunted at that point and have less of a chance to get off a good shot because they're more alert.

However, If you could set up a remote digital call away from your location.....

bigbug

Tried a baby pig distress call on some Javalina out here in Arizona. We were high up on a ridge overlooking the desert floor calling Coyotes. saw some Javalina about 300 yards out walking away from our location. I tried the baby pig distress call just to see what happened (it wasn't season). As soon as I hit the call those things turned around and charged up the hill as fast as they could go, there was about 15 or 20 of them. I couldn't turn the call off fast enough, they almost over ran us. It works on them, I never saw such an immediate reaction to a call!!!!!

stonecreek

I carry a grunter with me when hunting hogs. While it don't always draw them in it has never ran them off either. Richard

Hillbilly stalker

I use one while stalking hogs if I break a limb or one gets squirmy. I think it relaxes them a little and will let me slide on in. I just use a deer grunt call tho

killerv

Last one we killed I just manually made the feeder go off, we barely got setup in the ground blind before pigs were under it. We've done that twice. They are never far from hearing it go off.

frankwright

Last one we killed I just manually made the feeder go off, we barely got setup in the ground blind before pigs were under it. We've done that twice. They are never far from hearing it go off.
I hunted a few times in North Florida and the pigs would show up 15-30 minutes before the feeders went off, just hang out in the palmettos and then rush in when the feeder goes off.
The pigs I hunt in Georgia never come to the feeder like that and the trail cams and sitting in the stands prove it. It is really strange but they just seem to come by at random times and check to see if any food is out.