Lots of Bass Boats on Lanier

Papa Bear

Noticed lots of high dollar wrapped boats on water today. Guys getting a little on water time before Classic?

Coenen

They were thick for sure. There was a big high school tournament on as well apparently.

I snapped this shot down South. The 'Paw Patrol' wrap got me chuckling. I could imagine some of my buddies with young kids trying to sneak that bad boy past their wives.

Attachments

• 20180304_153538.jpg
    20180304_153538.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,786

red neck richie

They got an flw tournament this weekend. They were all out prefishing and scouting for the tournament. I fished this past Sunday and 75% of my spots had boats on them. I noticed as soon as I left a spot there was a boat on it. I think it was some tourney guys trying to get some local knowledge. So I ended up just fishing gar holes all day. Good luck boys. Nice try. Like I was gonna lead you to one of my honey holes.;)

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
They will be enough of them out there. I’m sure someone will fish your honey hole. Maybe several will. Lols

Cletus T.

And I’m I correct in saying this……the weigh in will be at Laurel Park too…….right?

For every day….right? Where should spectators park at?

firebreather

Took 25 lbs to get 1st today , bet that slows down tomorrow

Coenen

Took 25 lbs to get 1st today , bet that slows down tomorrow
23-11 for first place. Second place is 20 and change.

Coverage said some of the guys were bed fishing. Wow. I'd have thought it was way too soon for that.

Teh Wicked

23-11 for first place. Second place is 20 and change.

Coverage said some of the guys were bed fishing. Wow. I'd have thought it was way too soon for that.

This cold slap is going to put a halt to that non-sense. I bet we got another week or better before they start to get feisty.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member

Water temps in the mid to upper 50's the past week and a full moon. Probably was a good push of fish up shallow.

Coenen

Day two weigh in underway right now on FLW live.

Looks like the lake was stingy today.
Hallman sitting comfortably in the lead with 42 and change. A 19lb sack to follow up yesterday's 23, woof. To state the obvious, dude is on pace to break 80 for the event, that's crazy.

red neck richie

Hallman sitting comfortably in the lead with 42 and change. A 19lb sack to follow up yesterday's 23, woof. To state the obvious, dude is on pace to break 80 for the event, that's crazy.

Went to watch weigh in today. Its still Hallman's to lose but I wouldn't count anybody in the top ten out tomorrow. Sack weights were down. The weather will definitely have a say. All the fish I watched come across the scales were blueback fat though. I don't think anyone will break 80 but upper sixties might just win it. Overall a great showing for the Lake.

Last edited:
They got an flw tournament this weekend. They were all out prefishing and scouting for the tournament. I fished this past Sunday and 75% of my spots had boats on them. I noticed as soon as I left a spot there was a boat on it. I think it was some tourney guys trying to get some local knowledge. So I ended up just fishing gar holes all day. Good luck boys. Nice try. Like I was gonna lead you to one of my honey holes.;)

They found them anyway evidently. Top professionals can go to a foreign lake and find fish. They always do and that's why they get paid well by winning tourneys and sponsorships.

61BelAir

I'll be the first to admit they are better at what they do than myself, but they have tons of information, way points, etc. from locals for every place they fish (except the MLF stuff).