Traditional Irish Fare last night....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not. :)

Chicken kebabs with fresh pineapple, sweet onions, and marichino cherries. Threw a skewer of jumbo shrimp on there too. It was delicious. To heck with boiled corned beef and cabbage. :)

I did have me a Gaelic ale to wash it down, if that counts. :D

Attachments

• kebab3.jpg
    kebab3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 309
  • kebab4.jpg
    kebab4.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 311

ryork

Man that looks good! Never considered putting cherries on a grill, are those simply the marichino types out of the jar?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man that looks good! Never considered putting cherries on a grill, are those simply the marichino types out of the jar?

Yep. They are delicious on kebabs.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That is definitely on my list to try. That looks out of this world good!

Where in the world do you come up with these ideas?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is definitely on my list to try. That looks out of this world good!

Where in the world do you come up with these ideas?

Psychoactive drugs. :D

That combo is actually YHFP's idea, we've been making them for years. It's the perfect combination with chicken.

naildrvr

I don't care for the jarred cherries, but that does look amazing! I'd give it a try. I do love some fresh cherries though.

pine floor

Man, never thought about cherries either. Gonna try that.

Kabobs look awesome and the shrimp too. You killing me with that bread, Homemade? Looks scrumptious.

PF

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, never thought about cherries either. Gonna try that.

Kabobs look awesome and the shrimp too. You killing me with that bread, Homemade? Looks scrumptious.

PF

Ingles bakery. :)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks Great NCH!!!!!! :clap: I opened this thread thinking I would see some corned beef and cabbage! :D

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not. :)

Chicken kebabs with fresh pineapple, sweet onions, and marichino cherries. Threw a skewer of jumbo shrimp on there too. It was delicious. To heck with boiled corned beef and cabbage. :)

I did have me a Gaelic ale to wash it down, if that counts. :D

Looks great.
Amen. The Irish are much better at concocting spirits than they are at cooking. The things we do to accommodate our FPs.