Another proud papa thread. Look at this monster.

rusty

I was out of town this weekend, so my son went with his grandfather Saturday morning. He killed his first 2 deer (a doe and 6 pt) last year... again while I was out of town.

As told to me by my 12 year old son...

This year he was only going for a real shooter buck, since he had already broken the ice so to speak. He patiently watched a young buck chase a doe early Saturday morning, remaining committed to to his goal. He didn't have to wait long. About 20 minutes later a 2 1/2 year old 8pt came by the stand. Being considerably larger than his first buck last year, he was eager to take the shot, but his grandfather convinced him to remain patient. While watching the 8 pt dance around in front of the stand, giving him several opportunities to take the shot, this tall tined 10 pt came in crashing the party. He said his grandfather told him 'shoot the second one', and he did after fumbling with the safety for what seemed like forever. Perfect shot, just behind the shoulder. His beloved .243, that his grandfather had gotten for him on his first Christmas, did the rest.
He said he didn't really realize how big of a deer it was until the blood trail ended where this bruiser lay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3,384

Duff

Goodness what a buck!! Congrats young man!!

georgia_home

Million dollar smile there! Nice work young man!

naildrvr

Congrats to the young man and Grandpa. Thank Grandpa for taking the time to involve the boy in something he apparently loves. That's a fine way to fill the pages of life's memory book.

FOLES55

Great deer

GAJoe

Great job guys! All of you!

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats to the young man. Special times with grangpa he will never forget!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Congrats to the young man. He's gonna want you to go out of town every deer season.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Great buck. Congratulations to the young man.