Opening Day Bow Season

bamaboy

:clap: :fine: Who is ready besides me? About to drive me crazy!!!!! I am marking the days off on a calendar. Anyone tell me how to get one of those countdown timers posted on this thread? I got 94 days and counting

mickyu

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20BOWSEASON%202013!&count=down&time=1379170800000&bgc=0x660000&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0x000000&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0x00ff00&tb=1&td=1&uc=0xff33ff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x00ff00&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

mickyu

And so it begins....

The countdown is on!!!

Addicted

Cool countdown timer!

GADawg08

well, the past few years I have kinda lost my drive to deer hunt hard....I'll hunt until duck season comes in. BUT, this year its different. To heck with a duck....I'm goin after 'ol freak nasty....not worried about the heat, bugs, or whatever....time to put another one on the wall. :cool:

Yes sir ! I like the countdown.. I am more excited about this deer season than I have been in awhile I am flipped ready

oldfella1962

I haven't deer hunted since 1982.....long story.
But anyway, I am this year, and I can't wait! :)
I'll be using a long bow and hunting from the ground, on public land (sort of) it's a military base so there are a lot of rules, and forget leaving a pop-up overnight unless you want it to go bye-bye. Regardless, I've done my homework and am very optimistic! ::;

bamaboy

well, the past few years I have kinda lost my drive to deer hunt hard....I'll hunt until duck season comes in. BUT, this year its different. To heck with a duck....I'm goin after 'ol freak nasty....not worried about the heat, bugs, or whatever....time to put another one on the wall. :cool:

Good Deal!!! Glad to see you got your motivation back!!! If you need a prep talk every now and then holla at me!! I'll give ya one!!:fine::cool:

GADawg08

Good Deal!!! Glad to see you got your motivation back!!! If you need a prep talk every now and then holla at me!! I'll give ya one!!:fine::cool:

we got access to some more land adjacent to what we already have....basically doubled our acreage......and I know big deer have come from this area before....I guess thats why Im so pumped!! AND, my little brother will be bow hunting for the first time this year

Grey Man

I'm staying occupied with a hog hunt in a couple weeks and planning for my elk hunt this fall, but I'm still gettin twitchy...

bamaboy

we got access to some more land adjacent to what we already have....basically doubled our acreage......and I know big deer have come from this area before....I guess thats why Im so pumped!! AND, my little brother will be bow hunting for the first time this year

Rock On!!! I hope he kills a great one!! Remember though his first bow kill will always be a trophy for him!!! Keep us informed and we expect to see pics!!! :cool::cool:

bowhunterdavid

Yep, cant wait till September 6th. Alberta spot and stalk mule deer hunt, you talk about a rush closing in on a big ole mule deer, lost a good one last year, hope to close the deal this year.

bamaboy

Well guys we broke the 90 days today!!! 89 days and counting!!! YEA C'MON!!!!

oldfella1962

I just found out I might not get to hunt after work as often as I thought due to family commitments/priorities. :cry:
So, I'll be doing a lot of "all day on stand" hunts on the weekends, maybe take some vacation time here and there. :bounce:

I will totally turn this around to my advantage however - always one more way to skin that cat IMO. Does anyone ever get to hunt as often as they want? Nobody I know that's for sure. I'm shooting my bow every spare minute so the "weakest link" won't be the actual shot. That's the one thing I have control over anyway.

Pneumothorax

I just found out I might not get to hunt after work as often as I thought due to family commitments/priorities. :cry:
So, I'll be doing a lot of "all day on stand" hunts on the weekends, maybe take some vacation time here and there. :bounce:

I will totally turn this around to my advantage however - always one more way to skin that cat IMO. Does anyone ever get to hunt as often as they want? Nobody I know that's for sure. I'm shooting my bow every spare minute so the "weakest link" won't be the actual shot. That's the one thing I have control over anyway.

Tip 'o the hat to you oldfella! :cheers: You clearly have the bowhunter mentality. Good luck this fall.