Trigger job for Ruger M77 mk2 270

hikingthehills

I was wondering how much it would cost to have one done to this rifle and if there is any place around Acworth that does a good job? This will be the first time to have any trigger work done to any of my guns and was wondering what I should be looking for. I am just looking for something with a crisp break, right now it will go so far and seem to stop on the pull then extra pressure has to be applied to get it to fire. I want it to fire smooth with no extra pressure having to be added. Thanks for any help.

hikingthehills

Doesn't look like it should be too hard, thanks for the info. Never done one before, if anybody could chime in on some tips that would be awesome!

B Man

If you are handy with your hands you can drop in a basix or timney your self. I love the factory trigger after a little attention my self. One of the easiest triggers to work on.

Oldstick

If you search on the net, you will probably find detailed polishing instructions on the Mk II factory trigger, including exact measurements etc.

Personally I wouldn't trust myself trying to lighten it up by reducing the dimensions. But you might find out that simply polishing the mating surfaces a little with some Flitz might help smooth it up. Could be just a tiny burr on there or something

Worst case, if you screw up, and make it dangerous, you can go with one of the replacements as mentioned above.

danlnga

I put an adjustable Timney drop in on my "tang safety" model 77. I believe it was about $100. If you have average mechanical skills you can do it yourself. Best $100 I ever spent.