Airboats on the Altamaha

Chris Horsman

I can`t seem to get a definative answer about where I can launch. Apparently there is some form of discrimination about launching east of I95. Any one know or has launch or wants to meet for a ride and or bowfishing let me know. Anyone who just wants to bash airboats, not interested. Thanks

irvi00

I dont know anything about the altamaha, but what kind of discrimination are you talking about. I dont know of any legal restrictions against airboats anywhere in georgia. Maybe Trey will chime in, he may know more about the situation.

allenww

Airboats

Agreed.

Without safety statistics that prove high risk, picking on one class of users is unAmerican and I would sure hope it to be illegal.

However, we could have a speed limit that applied to everyone.

wa

irvi00

Gonna call bullchit on that one, a boat is a boat is a boat. Regardless what its powered by. Some lakes have hp restrictions and some lakes do have airboat restrictions due to "waterfowl habitat" But I dont know of any of this in GA.

Chris Horsman

I hope your right, sir. Unfortunatly I can show you several such instances of discrimination just in Florida, the birth place of the airboat

FOD

South Carolina rules say,not seaward of the fresh/salt line,and I think Georgia is the same.

JpEater

South Carolina rules say,not seaward of the fresh/salt line,and I think Georgia is the same.

SC and Ga have the same law, no Airboats in salt water. Never heard of any other restrictions in Ga though. :huh: