Something to share

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Now, I've got at least two places I've been considering on for awhile that me and you and Chris need to hike our old, fat, lazy butts back into to camp for a day or two and catch some relatively unmolested specks and kill them and eat them. :)

Say when. After the Bighorns, there's nothing in the Smokies that daunts me.

Dean

Blog

Skipped straight to the Golden trout recap - brought back memories. We made 3 different 'climbs' and long treks to catch those Golden's (2 different lakes in MT) in years past. Caught every kind of trout in MT, including a Bull. Completed the WY Cutt slam and multiple different species in CO (greenback), Utah etc. Golden's, in my opinion, are far and away the prettiest trout I have ever held; special, special, special. The struggle, as you wrote, to get to those special waters is real - not for the faint at heart. Thanks for sharing, nice read.

Killer Kyle

Now, I've got at least two places I've been considering on for awhile that me and you and Chris need to hike our old, fat, lazy butts back into to camp for a day or two and catch some relatively unmolested specks and kill them and eat them. :)

Don't waste those fins! Tater chips from Heaven!

The mtn man

I'm ready when you are.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Let's let the creek thaw out first. :D

b5fish

Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading and looking at your photos.

Smart idea using a longer rod tube as a walking stick, may need to try that out. I have always kept mine on the side of my pack and it constantly gets hung going under/through brush.

Looking forward to the next read!

The mtn man

Let's let the creek thaw out first. :D

Good idea, I was over on the other side of the park last weekend, creeks were awfully cold. Rocks iced over too.

whitetailfreak

The wife and I rode up to Cabela's after church this morning, and they had a big display of size 1 Wind River reels for $23.99. I remembered reading in the blog that you think they are an adequate reel for the price. I picked one up that's probably gonna find a home on a 3 wt. Redd Classic Trout.