Help planning a trip for early April

Wcgreen20

I have never been to the GA coast after living here for 6 years now so I figure it's time. I grew up in NC and still go back there to do my saltwater fishing. But my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she wants me to take her down near Savannah for the weekend and secretly it is a fishing trip she just doesn't realize it yet. I'll be towing my 19' Carolina Skiff down from Atlanta.

Any suggestions on places to go and what to expect? Just looking to do some inshore fishing for reds, trout, flounder or whatever. Would I be better off going near Savannah or closer to the coast like Tybee? Thanks

Scallen2112

I have never been to the GA coast after living here for 6 years now so I figure it's time. I grew up in NC and still go back there to do my saltwater fishing. But my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she wants me to take her down near Savannah for the weekend and secretly it is a fishing trip she just doesn't realize it yet. I'll be towing my 19' Carolina Skiff down from Atlanta.

Any suggestions on places to go and what to expect? Just looking to do some inshore fishing for reds, trout, flounder or whatever. Would I be better off going near Savannah or closer to the coast like Tybee? Thanks

If you have never fished here, don't know the water, and want the best chance for your girl to have an eventful trip, then I'd leave the boat behind and contact Jimmy Lee Arnel here on the board to book a trip.

Wcgreen20

If you have never fished here, don't know the water, and want the best chance for your girl to have an eventful trip, then I'd leave the boat behind and contact Jimmy Lee Arnel here on the board to book a trip.

Well if we did a charter she would know it's a fishing trip. So I gotta compromise since it's her birthday. But I appreciate the advice and will have to look him up next opportunity I have. Thanks

Jimmy Lee Armel

If you're trying to put a lot of fish in the boat, I'd just slide out to the sav or dua reef and load up on bottom fish and keep the trolling gear handy just in case. It's hard to inshore fish when you have no pattern on the fish. There is a lot of ground to cover

smokey30725

^^^^^This x2! ^^^^^^^^^^:clap:

Jimmy Lee Armel

Well if we did a charter she would know it's a fishing trip. So I gotta compromise since it's her birthday. But I appreciate the advice and will have to look him up next opportunity I have. Thanks

Loading the boat and tackle is probably the safest way to camoflauge a fishing trip ;) just blindfold her