Pasta and stir fry

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The one thing Italians know how to do right is cook. That all looks delcioso.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I could put a hurtin' on those two butcher cases of cured meats. Looks like a great trip.

Patriot44

Banned
I could put a hurtin' on those two butcher cases of cured meats. Looks like a great trip.

I have been to a couple here in the states that were cool, Philthy, Seattle, Providence but the one I went to in Munich last years was outdoors and had everything just hanging on the sidewalks. It was awesome!!! I can only imagine the ones in Italy!

We are planning a trip in two years after we get our first one off to school.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I have been to a couple here in the states that were cool, Philthy, Seattle, Providence but the one I went to in Munich last years was outdoors and had everything just hanging on the sidewalks. It was awesome!!! I can only imagine the ones in Italy!

We are planning a trip in two years after we get our first one off to school.

They have a street market every Tuesday and Thursday here. Last year there were several vendors that had all sorts if cured meat and cheese. I will try to get some pics if we are in town tomorrow

Deer Fanatic

Lasagna for me tonite. Son in law got a huge calzone.

Attachments

• img20180416_151148.jpg
    img20180416_151148.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 218
  • img20180416_151129.jpg
    img20180416_151129.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 221

Dub

Lasagna for me tonite. Son in law got a huge calzone.

Lawdy.....that is one hyooge calzone. My son would approve of those portions....as well as having his own pizza (pretty much does that part anyway, lol).

Lasagna is more my style. Really glad to see the color in what you posted, too. That's similar to what our homemade color is, too. For some reason folks think Italian is always vibrant reds & greens. They forget about the cheeses & oils. :banana:

That's gotta be a superfun trip !!!!

Deer Fanatic

Hit the jackpot at lunch today. Quite possibly the best hamburger I have ever eaten.... I i have had a lot of them. Meat, cheese, baby tomato, fried egg. That's It, no sauce of any kind and believe me it didn't need any

Attachments

• img20180417_074406.jpg
    img20180417_074406.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 85

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Hit the jackpot at lunch today. Quite possibly the best hamburger I have ever eaten.... I i have had a lot of them. Meat, cheese, baby tomato, fried egg. That's It, no sauce of any kind and believe me it didn't need any

Good God.

Deer Fanatic

Went for risotto tonite. It was really good not does not photograph well at all. I took a couple pics but it just looked nasty so y'all will have to trust me!

Deer Fanatic

Had some sort of pocket sandwich from an Argentine shop in Padova tonite. Pork, tomato, mozzarella. It was pretty amazing

Attachments

• img20180418_151846.jpg
    img20180418_151846.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 53

Deer Fanatic

Last nite here and went for pizza again. Little shop downtown that is highly recommended by the locals and I see why. I got a pepperoni with buffalo mozzarella and the girls ended up with some veggie pizza. The owner seems to have a crush on my daughter.... he always makes her pizza in the shape of a heart. I looked around and my daughter and my wife had the only heart shaped pizza in the place.

Attachments

• img20180420_152305.jpg
    img20180420_152305.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 38
  • img20180420_152339.jpg
    img20180420_152339.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 38

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Those look amazing DF

Deer Fanatic

Thanks Mark! That buffalo mozzarella is some kind of good!!!!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Goodness! All that looks crazy good. And looks like y'all have been having a great time.

Now you got me wanting some pizza this early in the morning. :bounce:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Did you weigh before the trip? If so, I'd be interested to know how much weight you put on if any.

Deer Fanatic

I didn't weigh before we left but I'm pretty confident I didn't gain any. We walked a conservative 7-8 miles a day. Walked over a mile one way on multiple days for dinner at night. It was worth every step though, as you know. The food over there is amazing. All the ingredients are super fresh and the flavors are off the chain. Also most dishes a really simple-- like the pizza for instance. Just a couple toppings but a flavor explosion on the tongue. Thanks for all the looks and replies!!!

Patriot44

Banned
Decided to skip out of Munich for two days and jet down to Milan with the fam in July. Two and a half days in Munich and booked flights and reserved an Air B N B in Brera, Milan just now.

Were you in Milan or more north and east?