Using Bleach to attract deer

buck8

I know it sounds crazy but has anyone ever heard of pouring bleach on the ground to attract deer someone said they use it like a mineral hole.

roscoe p.coletrane

:eek::eek::eek::crazy: seems to me that they'd be in the next county after smelling it...never heard anything like that

BAMA HUNTER

BLEACH

Yeah I have heard a couple of guys say that they use it...It cant be good for them even if they do like it!!??

teethdoc

I can't believe this is the first time this has been brought up. Every year about this time somebody over on aldeer.com brings this up. Brace yourself b/c objects are probably about to get thrown.

The theory is that they like the Sodium found in NaOCl, but as Balvarik said, it aint good for them.

60Grit

best attractant I've found is my car. Maybe I should just lease it out during deer season.:shoot:

You make a gun that will shoot a small car shaped bullet at about 55mph mv and deer will be jumping in front of your gun. You won't even have to aim.......:huh::rolleyes:

swamp hunter

Sounds weird to me, But hey, Down south in the Keys , they banned them chlorine tablets from lobster traps, Seems The lobsters loved um, So I can believe most anything now

dixie

try vanilla flavoring, the deer don't do laundy

JBowers

Consume some bleach for yourself and let us know what it does to the mucous membranes on your esophagus. I'd advise against it.

GobbleAndGrunt78

Even if they do like it....why the heck would you dump a toxic chemical in the woods?!? Would you want to eat a deer that has been drinking bleach? :crazy:

MoeBirds

Even if they do like it....why the heck would you dump a toxic chemical in the woods?!? Would you want to eat a deer that has been drinking bleach? :crazy:

:cool::cool:Two excellent points every sportsman should take into consideration when ultimately manipulating wildlife; 'whether your actions will have any negative reprecutions on the environment and/or the health and well-being of any target species for consumption reasons'.(including non-target species, consumed by predators in Natures' food-chain)

:cool::cool::cool:

buck8

I never said that I use bleach as a attractant nor would I tell someone else to use it I was just askin if anyone has ever heard about it because I thought the guy that was tellin me bout it was dumb (edited by Arrow Flinger for typing around the censor) because you would think the deer would run to the next county after smellin it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

DYI hunting

Why would someone use bleach to make a mineral hole is out of my comprehension? Somehow I doubt there are much minerals in bleach.

Household chlorine bleach is mostly water. When it evaporates, it leaves sodium. So basically after a few hours or days, your bleach is gone and you are left with sodium, which is what is actually attracting deer. But you would be just as cheap to get a container of table salt and pour it out, plus end up with much more sodium for your so called mineral hole. And you would be doing less damage to the environment. Although the Chlorine solution would be evaporated by the end of the day, you will have just needlessly released more chlorine into the air. Chlorine fumes are toxic to plants, as is bleach.

Of course, you could go to a feed store and buy a bag of cow trace mineral lick and pour it out. It will set you back around $5.00, but will not kill anything in the process.

creekbender

i've heard it from a guy that has several boone/crockett on the wall and he told me and another friend that is what he has used , first time i've ever repeated it , but that what he said , never tried it though

Latest posts