Ruger Blackhawk .41 mag

tcward

How many hunt with one and what loads do you use. I just ordered one and thinking about putting a reflex sight on it. Thoughts...suggestions?

I have a Redhawk in 41 mag and love it !!! I load sierra 210 gr jhc with 20.0 gr of h110 and a cci 350 mag primer. It does an awesome job on deer and hogs with out all the punishing recoil of the larger handguns

Big7

The Oracle
I have a Lee Classic loader if you need one.

Slow for sure but makes very accurate loads.

tcward

I have a set of dies and plan on loading for it. Just wondering if anybody had ever tried a reflex sight on a big bore revolver.

frankwright

I have used a Red Dot on my .41 mag Redhawk with great success.

I have used a Reflex sight on my 12 gauge Turkey gun and have had no problems with it.

A good quality sight should hold up just fine.

Attachments

• redhawk in tree.jpg
    redhawk in tree.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,158

tcward

Put a Weaver 4 moa on today. Got some Hornady 210 XTPs loaded up on top of 21 grains of Win 296. Gonna try it out Saturday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,097

Lilly001

I have found the 4 moa dots to be great up to about 50 yds. After that I find it hard to hold a tight shot because the dot is to large.
On my longer range handguns I prefer a scope with a duplex.
But for up to 50 yds the dot is quicker and plenty accurate.

tcward

Well had time for 6 rounds today after bore sighting. Shot about a 2 1/2" group about 8" high and 4 to the right at 50 yards. Will dial it in when it's not 95 degrees outside!

SCDieselDawg

I ordered a Ruger SBH Hunter as my backup since I mainly bow hunt. I'll be topping it with a scope since my eyes won't allow me to shoot irons accurately.

no7fish

I use a 210 JSP with 22 gr of H110. I have a load for AA#9 but have recently been loading H110 in a few things. I haven't noticed any real difference between the two loads.