Lanier Striper Report

jgoins

We got on the biggest school we've ever marked in 15yrs striper fishing Lanier this past weekend. One of those schools where every down rod ought to be going down. We did catch some but it wasn't like what you would think. We stayed on that school for almost an hour and we got 4 on the herring and hooked up with 3 more power reeling the Ben Parker spoon. We did ok but with the size of school, we would have thought we would have had 20 fish, if we run across that again this weekend,I might drop a little 3 inch spoon down and see if that will change anything, idk

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170628-173753.jpg
    Screenshot_20170628-173753.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 340

j_seph

Looking like mr jeff blair is not having any issues getting those big schools to feed

Teh Wicked

Looking like mr jeff blair is not having any issues getting those big schools to feed

No doubt, I follow his Facebook and its amazing see what he can produce.

I was out on Saturday and couldn't pay a striper to bite. We finally caught a tiny Striper when I was setting out a freeline for the fun of it. Let out maybe 40-50ft of line and he bumped it and then took it. Rod never even hit the rod holder. The rest of the day was nothing but short strikes and green fish.

Coenen

That's why he's a pro, and I'm just some schmuck hoping to bonk one in the head.

StriperrHunterr

No he's not. I'm looking forward to getting out the morning of the 4th with the wife. I've heard the morning bite is much better this year and the evening bite, as we can all attest to, is pretty much dead.

j_seph

that's why he's a pro, and i'm just some schmuck hoping to bonk one in the head.
or because his boat is 12 foot longer and 6 foot wider then yours (covers more area with downrods)

The mtn man

No he's not. I'm looking forward to getting out the morning of the 4th with the wife. I've heard the morning bite is much better this year and the evening bite, as we can all attest to, is pretty much dead.

There's probably some truth in that, i fished with lake nottley charters a couple weekends ago, to see what I'm doing wrong, the bite started at daylight, and by 830am it was over. We were not running baby bait either.

Coenen

or because his boat is 12 foot longer and 6 foot wider then yours (covers more area with downrods)
He's only 5 feet wider, so that can't be it. ;)

I'd wager there's more to it than that, even though that is probably a huge factor. Those guys are always tinkering and fiddling trying to get a little edge.