Hunting violations

Big Eights

Here's a story for yall . About 5 years ago i was hunting on a friends property. i had shot a yote about 8:00 am. a few minutes had went by and a neighbor heard the shot and called the game and fish. He told them he had seen me shoot from the road, and it was a deer. He said he had seen me from his front porch. Well they called me on the phone and wanted to meet with me. I said that was fine. I showed them the yote and my written permission to hunt the farm.I also told them i didnot shoot from the road and showed them where i was sitting. They didnot belive me and wrote me two tickets. I had to hire a lawyer and it cost me $500.00. We had a jury trial and the man finally said he lied about the whole thing, and my case was dismissed. It still cost me $500.00 for nothing. Then last year a lady driving drunk hit me and my wife head on at a high rate of speed. She was took to the e/r and before they could give her a blood test she left the hospital. the olny thing they could fine her for was driving to fast for con., and open container. her fines were $185.00. if i had just paid my fines from the game and fish they would have been about $ 1000.00. so i say our system is not rite.sorry for being so long.

georgiashooter

Here's a story for yall . About 5 years ago i was hunting on a friends property. i had shot a yote about 8:00 am. a few minutes had went by and a neighbor heard the shot and called the game and fish. He told them he had seen me shoot from the road, and it was a deer. He said he had seen me from his front porch. Well they called me on the phone and wanted to meet with me. I said that was fine. I showed them the yote and my written permission to hunt the farm.I also told them i didnot shoot from the road and showed them where i was sitting. They didnot belive me and wrote me two tickets. I had to hire a lawyer and it cost me $500.00. We had a jury trial and the man finally said he lied about the whole thing, and my case was dismissed. It still cost me $500.00 for nothing. Then last year a lady driving drunk hit me and my wife head on at a high rate of speed. She was took to the e/r and before they could give her a blood test she left the hospital. the olny thing they could fine her for was driving to fast for con., and open container. her fines were $185.00. if i had just paid my fines from the game and fish they would have been about $ 1000.00. so i say our system is not rite.sorry for being so long.

Poor, Pitiful Goob. You just can't catch a break can you? Big, bad government always trying to keep you down.

Darn cheap lawyer. You need to shake that man's hand for helping a brother out.

Gentleman4561

I think I agree with you....seems like we've put a higher value of life on pets and animals than on human life.

this is the truth look at what Michael Vick was punished with for killing some dogs when there are hundreds of babies killed every day through abortion. I think that the game laws should be less severe. Their animals!

willsm89

just out of curiosity, how much are the fines in georgia for spotlighting deer?

In Harris County the fine for spotlighting was $1800.. PER DEER. Plus hunting at night fine, and hunting from a road fine, and discharging a firearm after legal hours.... to name a few. Came out to nearly $3000...

transfixer

In Harris County the fine for spotlighting was $1800.. PER DEER. Plus hunting at night fine, and hunting from a road fine, and discharging a firearm after legal hours.... to name a few. Came out to nearly $3000...

Those fines seem appropriate to me, if they would standardize them across the board in every jurisdiction then maybe it would be a deterrent ? I read about people getting caught for illegal hunting of etc,etc, and it usually says they lost their hunting license for 2yrs ,,, so what ? people like that don't care, they will likely continue to hunt one way or another, without a license, stuff like losing your license/hunting priveledges for a period of time is no deterrent. Hit them hard in their pocketbook, and as someone else suggested, maybe make them do community service on some of the wma's ? There is always maintenance or improvements of some sort that need doing on most wma's .

one hogman

I agree with Milkman ,NO way is a game violation in the same catagory as endangering some one's life, so many get all ramped up with animals, being charged with a felony for animal cruelty is wrong IMO , it is an animal!! not human, we have got things way out of porportion . We kill and eat thousand of animals every day ,so what makes one of their lives so much more important than another!! The animal rights idiots have helped push this on their way to stopping all hunting . Just check the regs, for killing a Turkey over bait can get you up to a $5000.00 fine and a year in Jail!! That is just crazy!!:smash::smash:

one hogman

this is the truth look at what Michael Vick was punished with for killing some dogs when there are hundreds of babies killed every day through abortion. I think that the game laws should be less severe. Their animals!

EXACTLY, you can thank Animal rights terrorist and idiot extremist for this!! It is just grand to suck the brains out of a third trimester human but you better not leave a dog in a hot car!!

jakebuddy

Agree somewhat, but shooting from a vehicle and roadway at night is dangerous there are many homes shot every year. Remember the fines are set by the counties not the state, the charges are law but fines are different for every county.