Time to Move?

Oldstick

Oldstick, do you shop that Publix?

Sounds like a loaded question, but we do sometimes when we need to pick up a few items and we don't feel like driving the 2 or 3 miles across town to Kroger or to Walmart. It is only a quarter mile and zero stoplights from our house. So we kind of think of Publix as a large convenience store with slightly lower prices than a small convenience store.

Rarely do major grocery shopping there however.

T-N-T

Somebody mention bojangles?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Sounds like a loaded question, but we do sometimes when we need to pick up a few items and we don't feel like driving the 2 or 3 miles across town to Kroger or to Walmart. It is only a quarter mile and zero stoplights from our house. So we kind of think of Publix as a large convenience store with slightly lower prices than a small convenience store.

Rarely do major grocery shopping there however.

No sir, not loaded. Just figured that Publix would be a better indicator of demographics than a Starbucks.

prydawg

Seems that we live relatively close to the same area. My wife is happy for a Starbucks, but I have never set foot in one, and I am happy about the Tractor Supply because I hate going up to Watson unless I have to.

Oldstick

Seems that we live relatively close to the same area. My wife is happy for a Starbucks, but I have never set foot in one, and I am happy about the Tractor Supply because I hate going up to Watson unless I have to.

Yep Prydawg, you know exactly what I am talking about. Believe it or not, when I first started working at the base in '82 it was only a 2 lane road with farms and peach orchards on Watson starting at the Houston Lake intersection all the way west into Peach County.

Going south on Houston Lake, there was nothing much past Russell Pkwy but farmland and orchards all the way the 10+ miles to Perry. All four corners of the land at the intersection of Houston Lake and 96 was farmland and on the northwest corner was a large farm house owned by a farmer that sold boiled peanuts by the road every year.

Years ago, I adopted a policy no drives into Macon unless I absolutely have to. Thankfully I am now retired and I agree, no drives up to Watson either unless necessary.

Just hoping the southward pressure doesn't drive us out anytime soon.

:flag:

sinclair1

Yep Prydawg, you know exactly what I am talking about. Believe it or not, when I first started working at the base in '82 it was only a 2 lane road with farms and peach orchards on Watson starting at the Houston Lake intersection all the way west into Peach County.

Going south on Houston Lake, there was nothing much past Russell Pkwy but farmland and orchards all the way the 10+ miles to Perry. All four corners of the land at the intersection of Houston Lake and 96 was farmland and on the northwest corner was a large farm house owned by a farmer that sold boiled peanuts by the road every year.

Years ago, I adopted a policy no drives into Macon unless I absolutely have to. Thankfully I am now retired and I agree, no drives up to Watson either unless necessary.

Just hoping the southward pressure doesn't drive us out anytime soon.

:flag:

This might make you feel better. This guy stayed while the town went from country to starbucksville. Original owner from 1975 :cheers:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2197-Bascomb-Carmel-Rd-Woodstock-GA-30189/51100426_zpid/