11 point

hogdgz

Not really but made y'all look ;)

Dendy and I have been hunting hard and putting a lot of time in the stand. Been seeing some real good deer and passing on several does and small bucks. 2 weeks ago I grunted in a big buck and he was coming straight to me, as soon as I started to put pressure on the string I felt the wind swirl and hit the back of my neck and of course he bounced off. So close!!! Last week I had a spike under me and heard a crunch behind me. Big 8!!! Got ready and he came to my right side , in my mind I already called him dead. Nope!!! As soon as I shot my limb hit the branch above me sending the arrow over his back. So I was bummed and done decided this morning I was out for blood and wasn't gonna pass up anything. Spike come in and gave me a 15yd shot. Watched him go down. Funny thing is somehow my arrow ended up in a tree. I guess it was still hanging in by the feathers and his leg kicked it up. We thought it was hilarious!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 719

sawtooth

oh yeah, It was a real good shot- but I can't figure out how that arrow got stuck up in that tree.

jekilpat

Congratulations! Enjoyed the account of your hunt. That arrow in the tree is something I’ve never seen before. Good lasting memory.