Help with ammo and loads for tc triumph

hdq 79

Please help with advice on what shoots best in tc triumph. just bought and never had a muzzleloader before, blued barrel if that makes a difference in what to shoot in it. Thanks for any and all help

creation's_cause

Please help with advice on what shoots best in tc triumph. just bought and never had a muzzleloader before, blued barrel if that makes a difference in what to shoot in it. Thanks for any and all help

HDQ79--

This is what I shoot in my TC Triumph: 105grns of BH209 (if you can find some), Winchester 209 primers, Hornady 300grn SST bullets w/sabots. This has produced some tremendous 100yds groups for me. Have fun and let us know what you come up with and the results. Cheers! CC

I shoot an Omega, but it should be about the same. My deer load is 100 grains of Pyrodex RS, a Hornady .451 HP/XTP bullet in a HPH 3-Petal EZ sabot and CCI 209M primer. The HP/XTP (NOT the XTP MAG) is proven killer on deer. All the reviews call it "excellent" on deer, one of the best. My Omega barrel is pretty "tight" so I have to use the 3-Petal EZ sabot. Looser barrels can use the HPH-12 or HPH-24. You'll just have to see which sabot your barrel likes.

cathooker

My T/C Triumph shoots very good groups with 90 grains of BH209, Winchester 209 primers and 250 grain T/C Shockwave bullets.

Hawken2222

I shoot 110 grains of BH 209 with winchester 209 promers & 250 grain shockwaves, out of my Triumph.