Little old grandma's.

lbzdually

Banned
Did anyone else have a little grandma that scared you to behave better than anyone else? I remember mine used to put me and my cousins on separate couches when we got in trouble and told us of we were still misbehaving she was getting a hickory or a belt. Well yesterday, she passed away at 93 years old. She was the sweetest little old lady, unless you crossed her or messed with her grandkids. I remember her taking me to the flea market in Acworth when I was about 7 or 8 and me taking my Hot-Wheels to sell. While my Mamaw was setting up an older lady saw the Hot Wheels and told she would give me 5 dollars for all of them. I must have had 45-50 of them and 5 dollars sounded like a lot to me, so I took it. When my Mamaw Green found out, she went to looking for that lady for taking advantage of me. She must of left and it was probably a good thing she did or she have gotten a tongue lashing and maybe more. We are going to miss her so much.

ddgarcia

Useless Billy CFO
RIP Mawma Green. Sorry for your loss

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sounds like MawMaw Green was a goodun. Sorry for your loss. Look on the bright side. She's found that lady that rolled you on your Hot Wheels and when you see her again she'll have them for you.:cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry for your loss dually. My Grandma Royal, lived to 103, and up until her last days, her mind was still sharp. One of her favorite sayings was, "There is no shame of lice landing on your head, but it is a shame if you dont get rid of them. It took me 30 years before I figured out what she meant. When she was 100 years old, she was honored at Cleveland field in Valdosta watching her beloved Wildcats.

lbzdually

Banned
Thanks guys. She had Alzheimer's and her body was still in pretty good shape up until a few years ago. So many good times. She had gotten really bad Monday and she was just breathing as hard as she could just to stay alive. Her breaths got more and more shallow and she passed peacefully. I normally get so torn up at Funeral homes, but I am so at peace because of how hard her last few days were. Her last sister passed last week out of 6 siblings and her body just finally said, it's time to go be with all her brothers and sisters, my uncle, my 2 sisters and all her loved ones. She was my last remaining grandparent. My best memories of childhood were summer days spent fishing with my Mamaw and Papaw Cantrell, or staying with my Mamaw and Papaw Green, as I was their only grandson. I suspect I will get pretty tore up at the funeral tomorrow, but man alive it is great knowing she is up there out of pain talking my sisters and uncle Arnold.

Nugefan

prayer sent ....::;

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
::;'s for you, ain't nuttin like loosing a grandparent....:(

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Did anyone else have a little grandma that scared you to behave better than anyone else? I remember mine used to put me and my cousins on separate couches when we got in trouble and told us of we were still misbehaving she was getting a hickory or a belt. Well yesterday, she passed away at 93 years old. She was the sweetest little old lady, unless you crossed her or messed with her grandkids. I remember her taking me to the flea market in Acworth when I was about 7 or 8 and me taking my Hot-Wheels to sell. While my Mamaw was setting up an older lady saw the Hot Wheels and told she would give me 5 dollars for all of them. I must have had 45-50 of them and 5 dollars sounded like a lot to me, so I took it. When my Mamaw Green found out, she went to looking for that lady for taking advantage of me. She must of left and it was probably a good thing she did or she have gotten a tongue lashing and maybe more. We are going to miss her so much.

I'm sorry for your loss. ::;::;
Speaking of hot wheels, I had a yard sale and my boy(about 6 at the time) had a small suitcase full of hot wheels. Some were mine when I was young. Man came up and gave my son 5.00 for the whole thing. I was helping someone else.facepalm: When my hubby found out he was fit to be tied.

Pop

Sorry for your loss. Like already said, no one can take the memories from you. They will be with you almost every day for the rest of your life.

I have to share a memory of my Granny:

My granny and I were real close and shared a lot of the same interest. She loved shooting, chewing tobacco, fishing, and all the pleasures of life.
When she was in the hospital, her daughter (my Aunt) was one of those who got above her raising and insisted that granny not chew any tobacco. I visited her one day and she asked if I had any tobacco, of course I had some Red Man but she wanted Canonball. I left her room and went directly to the store and picked her up a plug of Cannonball. I returned and she took almost half a plug at one chew. The Nurse came in and saw this and politely explained that she needed a spit cup and would be back in a minute with her a cup.
My Aunt came in and was not very happy with me or her Mom but what granny wants granny gets in my book. Granny passed a few days later but I have so many memories of her and this being one I will cherish and never forget.

Just had to share this with you

Lindseys Grandpa

Had one didn't weigh 90lbs never heard her raise her voice.
Didn't disobey because you didn't want to disappoint her.
Most Christian person I ever knew . Preacher at her funeral described her as the best person he had ever met. I didn't spend near as much time with her as I should have .
Very sorry for your loss.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Thanks guys. She had Alzheimer's and her body was still in pretty good shape up until a few years ago. So many good times. She had gotten really bad Monday and she was just breathing as hard as she could just to stay alive. Her breaths got more and more shallow and she passed peacefully. I normally get so torn up at Funeral homes, but I am so at peace because of how hard her last few days were. Her last sister passed last week out of 6 siblings and her body just finally said, it's time to go be with all her brothers and sisters, my uncle, my 2 sisters and all her loved ones. She was my last remaining grandparent. My best memories of childhood were summer days spent fishing with my Mamaw and Papaw Cantrell, or staying with my Mamaw and Papaw Green, as I was their only grandson. I suspect I will get pretty tore up at the funeral tomorrow, but man alive it is great knowing she is up there out of pain talking my sisters and uncle Arnold.

You might appreciate this one lbz.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=166945

Redbow

I am certainly sorry for your loss..My Grandma helped my Mom raise me a little ole woman about 90 lbs but she had plenty of git up and go when it came to discipline way back in the day..She always kept a good peach tree switch handy to whip us youngons with as she called us and she did not hesitate to use it when we misbehaved..She was sweet as sugar and loved us all but you had to mind your p's and q's around that woman. We lost her in 1964 we still miss you Grandma..

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Prayers sent. All of my grandparents have been gone. The memories are still here tho!!

lbzdually

Banned
Prayers sent. All of my grandparents have been gone. The memories are still here tho!!

For sure man! All my memories will be here in my head until there are just a couple of marbles rolling around in there, I'm down to 5 or 6 now. :bounce:

Latest posts