Attracting ducks

I have two ponds within 100 yards of each other and the past few years we have had a few ducks but this year we are looking to attract alot of ducks. what is a good way to attract ducks to the area and keep them in my lakes? i was wondering if there is anything i can put out before the season like soon to bring them in

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Either give the man helpful advice, or just hush. If you`ve had a post deleted in this thread, take my advice.

Mark K

Banned
I haven't anything deleted so I'll continue, right now milo and corn are your only options for holding ducks. To stay on the good side of the law, I wouldn't put any out past October if you plan on hunting!

One thing about attracting ducks is that what ever you do , dont over hunt the area . Make it a safe place for them to go. Now im not saying not to hunt just dont over do it. good luck.

i put corn out a few days before the first split ended in my pond will this attract alot of ducks to this area because i did last year and it did

Killer Kyle

And for future reference, something as simple as a tiller and a couple 50 lb bags of millet could work wonders on the banks of your pond if you have gently sloping banks. It might be more effective in holding birds rather than just tossing out some corn every now and again.